Page 242 of 254 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2537

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by catlover2 View Post
    Darn it, I was frantically looking around trying to find FlashVideoReplacer...

Is there anything out there that performs a similar function? For that matter, is there any reason for me not to keep using it since I have it installed?
    https://github.com/webgapps/flvideoreplacer/downloads

I haven't decided yet if I will continue developiong it, but as long as it works, you can continue to use it.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by apochry View Post
    Hello,

since upgrading to version 15 the global menu stopped working for me. And I can't get it working... It's strange that I can not find any similar issues related to v15 on the net.

So far I did the following, in order to track the cause of this:

I'm running updated 12.04.

• I have tried to run Firefox in safe mode in order to check, if some of the add-ons I have, is messing things up, but this was not the case.
    • I also tried removing the home/.mozzila folder so I get a fresh profile - again no luck.
    • Reinstalled the firefox-globalmenu package which is version 15.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1

Noting of the above got the menu working.
    Any suggestions what could I do next?

Thank you,
    Christo
    Try to create a new Ubuntu user and test if the problem persists or not. This won't solve your problem, but it could indicate if there is some gnome config messing with your global menu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Try to create a new Ubuntu user and test if the problem persists or not. This won't solve your problem, but it could indicate if there is some gnome config messing with your global menu.
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    It seems that it's not the gnome settings, that is messing things up. It happens with the Guest as well with the new account I've created.

I have noticed, that the "Global Menu Bar integration" extension in Firefox 15 is version 3.2.5 and in Thunderbird 15 is v3.4.1.

Shouldn't they be of the same version?

Thanks!
    How do you sudo?

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for the suggestion!
    It seems that it's not the gnome settings, that is messing things up. It happens with the Guest as well with the new account I've created.

I have noticed, that the "Global Menu Bar integration" extension in Firefox 15 is version 3.2.5 and in Thunderbird 15 is v3.4.1.

Shouldn't they be of the same version?

Thanks!
    Not necessarily. They are different packages.

I just confirmed that disabling the extension is enough to remove the global menu.

I recommend you report as a bug on Launchpad.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Not necessarily. They are different packages.

I just confirmed that disabling the extension is enough to remove the global menu.

I recommend you report as a bug on Launchpad.
    Thank you.

The strange thing is that nobody on the net is reporting similar issue after update to firefox 15. At least I couldn't find anything, and I've googled a lot.

I will report it as a bug, but I doubt it will get any attention, since it seems to be an isolated case on my system.

- Christo
    How do you sudo?

Beans
    Distro

I figured it out! Now the global menu is working on Firefox 15 for me too!

The problem was, that for some reason, I have two folders with firefox extensions: /usr/lib/firefox/extensions and /usr/lib/firefox-addons/extensions. In each there is a folder /globalmenu@ubuntu.com in which the global menu extension files are. The extension was loaded from the first folder, which contained extension files as of version 3.2.5. The files in the second folder are of the later 3.4 version.

What I did is to overwrite all of the files in the folder from where the extension is loaded with the later v.3.4 files from the second folder.
    That fixed the issue.

The version of the extension files can be easily determined from the install.rdf file located in the /globalmenu@ubuntu.com folder, e.g.
    Code:
    - <RDF>
    <Description about="urn:mozilla:install-manifest">
    <em:id>globalmenu@ubuntu.com</em:id>
    <em:version>3.4</em:version>
    <em:unpack>true</em:unpack>
    <em:targetApplication>
    Regards,
    Chrsito
    Last edited by apochry; September 6th, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
    How do you sudo?

Beans
    Distro

I figured it out! Now the global menu is working on Firefox 15 for me too!

The problem was, that for some reason, I have two folders with firefox extensions: /usr/lib/firefox/extensions and /usr/lib/firefox-addons/extensions. In each there is a folder /globalmenu@ubuntu.com in which the global menu extension files are. The extension was loaded from the first folder, which contained extension files as of version 3.2.5. The files in the second folder are of the later 3.4 version.

What I did is to overwrite all of the files in the folder from where the extension is loaded with the later v.3.4 files from the second folder.
    That fixed the issue.

The version of the extension files can be easily determined from the install.rdf file located in the /globalmenu@ubuntu.com folder, e.g.
    Code:
    - <RDF>
    <Description about="urn:mozilla:install-manifest">
    <em:id>globalmenu@ubuntu.com</em:id>
    <em:version>3.4</em:version>
    <em:unpack>true</em:unpack>
    <em:targetApplication>
    Regards,
    Chrsito
    Wow. That's great. I wonder how that happened?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Middle Click not Working

I installed 12.04 last weekend, doing a fresh install from 10.04. Firefox is showing as 15.0. The open a new tab when middle clicking a bookmark is not functioning any more. When I middle click on a link it does open in a new tab. But from a bookmark it opens in the current tab. Suggestions on where I need to look?

Edit: as a side note, the little icons next to all my saved bookmarks just show as little grey boxes on 90% of my bookmarks. A few do show the webpage icon, but very few.
    Last edited by TXpaniolo; September 7th, 2012 at 03:11 AM.

Beans

What is the best way to export passwords, bookmarks and such to be used on another install?

Moving from ubuntu 12.04 to Windows 7.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by uRock View Post
    What is the best way to export passwords, bookmarks and such to be used on another install?

Moving from ubuntu 12.04 to Windows 7.
    i use a addon called "Password Exporter"
    there is a export option in the bookmark manager for those
    you can also use firefox sync
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Page 242 of 254 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252 ... LastLast