Page 236 of 254 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2537

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans

Re: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Discussing possible Firefox bugs ? (Ubuntu specific)

Is that done here or elsewhere?

I seem to have discovered one at present. The Ubuntu builds do not display my Firefox Private messages correctly. Should I actually decide I need to file a bug where do I do so (Yes I am aware of bugzilla, but I am talking about a problem apparently specific to the ubuntu builds).

Any ideas anyone ?

P.S. I guess they are filed at https://bugs.launchpad.net/~mozilla-bugs , but it seems semsible to discuss before filing.
    Last edited by aka-John99; June 16th, 2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: added link

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aka-John99 View Post
    The Ubuntu builds do not display my Firefox Private messages correctly. .., but it seems sensible to discuss before filing.
    Put up an image of a suitably modified non-private "Firefox Private message" so that people can understand your problem.

Beans

Thanks again for a reply.

I was first of all trying to find the best place to discuss this. I can use the various Firefox forums on Mozilla, and in fact this problem as I am seeing it at present is rather specific to those forums.

I will refer back to that site. It appears it is a site problem. Epiphany and canonical Firefox render the page in a similar way.

My initial thoughts were:
    Most users on those forums do not use Linux, so I thought I may hit a bigger Ubuntu audience by asking here, but expected to be told of a better thread or section to post in.
    I have attached a thumbnail screenshot. The screen has two browsers open Lefthand side is Aurora canonical. Righthand side is Mozilla's own version using a recent Nightly.
    You will notice Nightly displays messages as intended. It displays the users icon, then has the remainder of the screen width to display the message, it shows only the first part of each message, until an individual message is opened. Although if the message is short, it may all fit in the preview.
    The lefthand browser is indenting all the messages. It is wasting half of the screen space because of this.
    I have tried the usual troubleshooting. Initially I thought it likely to be a regression in the code changes on the message site, although that seemed unlikely as no one else was mentioning it. I then noticed I did not have the problem booting in Windows. Now I see I only have the problem using canonical editions.
    I have gone further and also noted that I may save the page source and view it offline. When viewed offline in Mozilla own versions it displays as expected. When viewed in canonical it wastes space.
    I do not know how to run multiple copies of canonical, but problem has been seen in at least Firefox (11 ?) 12 and currently as per the screenshot in 15 [
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120615 Firefox/15.0a2 ]

I do not understand HTML & CSS but guess either the canonical version is doing something odd, or the site code is doing something odd when it picks up the user agent string.
    The site is https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/messages You will need to register and have messages to see the problem. (Official Firefox support site, free for anyone to register, my user name on that site John99 )

Beans

@John99, I'm not seeing the screenshot ???

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    @John99, I'm not seeing the screenshot ???
    I will attempt again to attach
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

ABP's Palant has come up with an add-on that suspends activity in background tabs. You can read about it here: https://adblockplus.org/blog/prevent...er-s-resources

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFreak View Post
    If I understand what you mean by speed dial (tab with sites you graphically bookmark). then I too had problems with the Firefox feature. I replaced it with a plugin called "new King Tab", which works much better in my opinion. I have "tell websites I do not want to be tracked" enabled but it still displays sites in history. It will display as a list or graphically or as RRS feeds.
    Currently I am recommending FVD: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...vd-speed-dial/

Has anyone thought of putting in posts as at least a rudimentary index in this thread ?

I am sure it must have interesting information that gets rather buried.
    I don't think an Index would be feasible.

Discussing possible Firefox bugs ? (Ubuntu specific)

Is that done here or elsewhere?

I seem to have discovered one at present. The Ubuntu builds do not display my Firefox Private messages correctly. Should I actually decide I need to file a bug where do I do so (Yes I am aware of bugzilla, but I am talking about a problem apparently specific to the ubuntu builds).

Any ideas anyone ?

P.S. I guess they are filed at https://bugs.launchpad.net/~mozilla-bugs , but it seems semsible to discuss before filing.
    I would recommend opening a new thread for each bug.

Beans
    Hidden!

Has anyone thought of putting in posts as at least a rudimentary index in this thread ?

I am sure it must have interesting information that gets rather buried.
    There's an archive version of this thread available: http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/inde...t-1712247.html
    AMD PII X6 @ 3.63 GHz - 16 GB DDR3 (1600 No OC) - ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    SB X-Fi 2 Sound (8ch) - Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet - Win 8 Pro. x64
    AMD R HD 7950 (SAPPHIRE) - WD CG 500GB - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Anyone else trying the Firefox Trunk (Nightly) (v16). It seems to be using threaded processes as the main process that appears is called "Main Thread". But what is disturbing is that if you are watching a flash video for a few minutes, it ends up stalling the system, by overusing the memory.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pt123 View Post
    Anyone else trying the Firefox Trunk (Nightly) (v16). It seems to be using threaded processes as the main process that appears is called "Main Thread". But what is disturbing is that if you are watching a flash video for a few minutes, it ends up stalling the system, by overusing the memory.
    Working perfect here with FF16.

Page 236 of 254 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246 ... LastLast