Page 194 of 254 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2533

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

  1. #1931
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Upgrading Firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by ericinwisconsin View Post
    For reasons I won't go into here, I'm running Ubuntu 10.10. I have downloaded the tar file for Firefox 8 and installed it. I ran it as root and the upgrade went fine. However, only root is upgraded. The other users are still on Firefox 3.x. How can I upgrade the other users?
    I have merged your thread with the Firefox 8 Mega Thread.

    See the first post for instructions on the proper way to upgrade your users.

  2. #1932
    beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Beans
    2,785

    Re: Upgrading Firefox

    Hi,

    I have flashblock 1.5.15.1 installed on Firefox 8, whenever I try to view an embedded flash video (first clicking the "f" button of flashblock) flash crashes without fail (with the grey box and the sad face). For example http://www.webupd8.org/2011/02/launc...y-support.html

    But viewing the flash video in youtube itself is fine (with flashblock still enabled). Now disable flashblock and the embedded video plays with no problem.

    I have flash version 11.2.202.96 installed with flash-aid. Wonder if this is a flash problem, a flashblock problem or a Firefox problem.
    Last edited by beew; December 6th, 2011 at 12:05 PM.

  3. #1933
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Upgrading Firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by beew View Post
    Hi,

    I have flashblock 1.5.15.1 installed on Firefox 8, whenever I try to view an embedded flash video (first clicking the "f" button of flashblock) flash crashes without fail (with the grey box and the sad face). For example http://www.webupd8.org/2011/02/launc...y-support.html

    But viewing the flash video in youtube itself is fine (with flashblock still enabled). Now disable flashblock and the embedded video plays with no problem.

    I have flash version 11.2.202.96 installed with flash-aid. Wonder if this is a flash problem, a flashblock problem or a Firefox problem.
    Same flash and flashblock versions here, no problem at all with FF 9 32bit.

  4. #1934
    beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Beans
    2,785

    Re: Upgrading Firefox

    So it is Firefox 8 that is the problem?

  5. #1935
    beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Beans
    2,785

    Re: Upgrading Firefox

    Ok, it seems that it is a hiccup in Maverick. Tried the same setup in Natty and Oneric and there was no problem.

  6. #1936
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
    Beans
    4,386
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Upgrading Firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by beew View Post
    Hi,

    I have flashblock 1.5.15.1 installed on Firefox 8, whenever I try to view an embedded flash video (first clicking the "f" button of flashblock) flash crashes without fail (with the grey box and the sad face). For example http://www.webupd8.org/2011/02/launc...y-support.html

    But viewing the flash video in youtube itself is fine (with flashblock still enabled). Now disable flashblock and the embedded video plays with no problem.

    I have flash version 11.2.202.96 installed with flash-aid. Wonder if this is a flash problem, a flashblock problem or a Firefox problem.
    been there i reverted to 11.1
    lucid 64bit nvidia gpu
    if i disable gpu acceleration flash crashes if i enable it ff locks up
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

  7. #1937
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Firefox 8 & Beyond Mega Thread

    Add-ons in Aurora are now considered compatible by default!!!!!

    http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2011/...ons-on-aurora/

    No more need for the Add-on Compatibility Reporter, unless you want to report add-ons that don't work.

    If you want the old behavior, enter about:config, search for extensions.strictCompatibility and double click it to set it to true.
    Last edited by lovinglinux; December 14th, 2011 at 09:15 PM.

  8. #1938
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
    Beans
    770
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Firefox 8 & Beyond Mega Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Add-ons in Aurora are now considered compatible by default!!!!!

    http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2011/...ons-on-aurora/

    No more need for the Add-on Compatibility Reporter, unless you want to report add-ons that don't work.

    If you want the old behavior, enter about:config, search for extensions.strictCompatibility and double click it to set it to true.
    Well that's great news. That will make things easier for everyone. Now if only they could figure out a way to sync those extensions on multiple machines, that would be terrific.

  9. #1939
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
    Beans
    4,386
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Firefox 8 & Beyond Mega Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teejay17 View Post
    Well that's great news. That will make things easier for everyone. Now if only they could figure out a way to sync those extensions on multiple machines, that would be terrific.
    ubuntu one + symbolic links (extensions folder and extensions.ini file i think should do it)
    do not sync prefs.js unless you don't use firefox sync
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

  10. #1940
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Firefox 8 & Beyond Mega Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
    ubuntu one + symbolic links (extensions folder and extensions.ini file i think should do it)
    do not sync prefs.js unless you don't use firefox sync
    That can be tricky, because many extensions save files outside the extensions folder, like databases or other storage files like rdf, xml and json. Usually they save such data in the profile folder, but I have seen extensions saving data in the user home folder as well.

Page 194 of 254 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •