Page 15 of 254 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Firefox 4 Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rubi1200 View Post
    Thanks lovinglinux for providing this information. I have now installed Firefox 4 and like what I see thus far.

...Great job, also with your website and FlashAid
    Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubi1200 View Post
    Just one question: is there a way to move the Home icon back across from the right to the left side?

I looked through this thread, but didn't see anything (or missed it if it was there).
    Glad that you figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by zaivala View Post
    Don't see it. I tried firefox-stable first, and Ubuntu told me there was nothing to upgrade.

I did not INTENTIONALLY install them side-by-side. Both times I tried this install, I said Upgrade or Update.
    Which Ubuntu version you are using?

The firefox-stable ppa has builds only for maverick and lucid.The firefox-next has builds for maverick, lucid and karmic.

If you are using an older version of Ubuntu, then download FF 4 from Mozilla and install it manually. See instructions on my web site:

http://www.webgapps.org/firefox/inst...other-versions

Quote Originally Posted by Teabicky View Post
    I'm not sure that everybody here understands the issue. What Arex Bawrin wants to do is not to make firefox look like the windows version but to get rid of the very top bar (the one with the minimise, maximise and close tabs on them). Look closesly at his screenshots and you will see.
    Try this: http://www.webupd8.org/2011/03/firef...-bar-like.html

Quote Originally Posted by Teabicky View Post
    Chronium did this beautifuly, freeing up precious screen space and also creating a very pleasing look. Firefox has finaly caught up but unfortunately only on the windows version, which is a shame. I hope that mozilla fixes this at some point soon.

Chrome does that, but is the only application I have installed which does not behave correctly. I use KDE, which has lots of cool features related to window management, but with Chrome is a complete mess. For instance, I can't double-click on the title bar to collapse the window. It maximizes instead, which is really annoying. So in my opinion, the decision of Mozilla to not mess with the window title bar was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker123 View Post
    Ubuntu 10.10
    Firefox 4.0
    Video Card: GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
    Card Type: AGP 4x Video RAM: 64 MB GPU Frequency: 249 MHz
    NVIDIA Linux x86 Kernel Module 96.43.19 Wed Oct 27 19:01:34 PDT 2010

I installed Firefox 4.0 with the direction at the begining of this thread.

I went to:
    http://bodybrowser.googlelabs.com/

I got an error message stating that I needed a webgl enabled browser. I looked up "webgl" in my about:config, all settings for that were set to true.

I downloaded chrome and got the same error message.

I saw on the internet that I might need new video drivers or that my video card might not be good enough.

The stats about my video card are listed above. Can it be made to work with webgl and Firefox 4? If so, how?

Thanks much in advance
    Your video card is really old and a low-end model, with not many features. It is probably not supported by the latest video drivers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by SoFl W View Post
    So how can you tell if you are running the 32 or 64 bit versions of FF?
    Type about:support in the address bar, then look for the "User Agent" string. If it says is "Linux i686", then you have 32bit. If it says "Linux x86_64", then is 64bit.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Keep in mind the version available from Firefox main site is for 32bit
    A 64 bit version of Firefox is available from Mozilla's website but not easy to to find.

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/re.../linux-x86_64/
    Last edited by lightningfox; March 24th, 2011 at 03:56 AM.
    Dual-boot Mint 10 and Windows 7

My Linux blog: http://techzillax.blogspot.com/

Beans

I have followed the instructions to install Firefox 4 stable in Ubuntu 10.10 and it says it's installed, but when I check my version, its still Firefox 3.51

Beans

I have upgraded to FF4. However, I would also like to re-install 3.6 alongside 4, as some plugins in 3.6 aren't compatible with 4 yet. How do I do this? I downloaded the 3.6 package but Synaptics only sees the currently installed 4.0.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Using this guide.. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1708905 I was able to achieve getting FF4, but unlike in Windows, the home button is way at the far right..is this done by design in Ubuntu, and would the orta theme have something to do with it?
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Apparently im tired..it's the same in Windows & ubuntu
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by sox fan Matt View Post
    Using this guide.. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1708905 I was able to achieve getting FF4, but unlike in Windows, the home button is way at the far right..is this done by design in Ubuntu, and would the orta theme have something to do with it?
    You can right click anywhere at the top and select "customize" to move the home button. Actually I think you can move/add/delete just about any of the buttons.
    Gotta love the "pin tabs" function too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intel-System Freeze Post#22
    How to mark your thread [SOLVED]
    Registered Linux User-#473773-Ubuntu User-#23255-Machine-#384048

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

i'm started to like the looks and speed though we have a diffrent ui than win7..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Script Warlock; March 24th, 2011 at 09:26 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The easiest way to Upgrade Firefox 4 in Ubuntu 10.04 & 10.10

Since Firefox 4 has already been released, guys who are using Ubuntu 10.04 or 10.10 may desire to upgrade Firefox 3.6 to the latest version. Here is the easiest method ever on the earth.
    Just copy the following command and paste it on the terminal of Ubuntu (Press the keyboard: Ctrl+Alt+T, or click Applications > Terminal).
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/firefox-stable && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    The above command is to add Mozilla team repository, update repository list and upgrade Firefox, entering your password when asked.
    Enjoy the latest Firefox.

Ref: http://www.tumutanzi.com/2011/03/upg...untu-1004.html

Page 15 of 254 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast