Page 144 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2534

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

  1. #1431
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Firefox 4, 5 & Beyond Mega Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    Ooh nice. I'm rooting for Mozilla in this battle.
    I am running Firefox 7.0b1 and it is looking great. I wonder when this new protocol will be available.

  2. #1432
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pizza Hut
    Beans
    1,211
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

    Re: Firefox 4, 5 & Beyond Mega Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    I am running Firefox 7.0b1 and it is looking great. I wonder when this new protocol will be available.
    7 is the first version with the third party add-on installation confirmation thing, right? And I also heard it uses less memory. I would guess 11. If they just started it now, I doubt it will be read for 10. Could be wrong though (and I guess they could introduce it after it enters the dev channels).
    Ubuntu user #35115 - Linux user #555707 - My Ubuntu Wik page
    Join the Ubuntu Forums' IRC room (#ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net)!

  3. #1433
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Firefox 4, 5 & Beyond Mega Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    7 is the first version with the third party add-on installation confirmation thing, right?
    I am not sure. When they announced the new feature, on August 11, they mentioned it would be on the Aurora channel a week later, which is after the release of Firefox 6 and channel migration. So, it could be Firefox 8.

    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    And I also heard it uses less memory
    Yes. Memory management improvements already in.

    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    I would guess 11. If they just started it now, I doubt it will be read for 10. Could be wrong though (and I guess they could introduce it after it enters the dev channels).
    The feature is already in progress, so I guess it could be earlier, like FF 9. Who knows...

  4. #1434
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Beans
    45
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Firefox 4, 5 & Beyond Mega Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Have you tried to reproduce the problem in safe mode?
    I just tried and I'm getting the same result.

  5. #1435
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Firefox 4, 5 & Beyond Mega Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by in·ter·punct View Post
    I just tried and I'm getting the same result.
    Try Firefox 7.0b1 from firefox-next ppa. It has some performance improvements.

  6. #1436
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pizza Hut
    Beans
    1,211
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

    Re: Firefox 4, 5 & Beyond Mega Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    The feature is already in progress, so I guess it could be earlier, like FF 9. Who knows...
    Oh ok, I didn't realize they had already started the project. Whenever it comes out, I'll be excited to see the results!
    Ubuntu user #35115 - Linux user #555707 - My Ubuntu Wik page
    Join the Ubuntu Forums' IRC room (#ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net)!

  7. #1437
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Beans
    2

    Re: Firefox 4, 5 & Beyond Mega Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by in·ter·punct View Post
    When I view a non blank page's information in Firefox 6, I get a spike in CPU and Firefox fades out shortly afterwards. I then have to force quit to resume working. The View Page Info window doesn't appear unless I wait quite a bit.


    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Press Ctrl+T to open a new tab, then type http://ubuntuforums.org/ in the address bar and hit Enter
    2. Press Ctrl+I to View Page Info
    3. Watch Firefox fade out and CPU usage spike

    I did a quick search and all I got were some older reports. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    I am getting exactly the same problem, as well as the following:

    a) Random hangups of ~10 seconds with high CPU usage.
    b) Same deal when doing "View Image Info" (possibly more apparent after longer browsing sessions).

    Any chance you are using NoScript add-on?

    Edit: OK, I found out the issue persists when starting in Safe Mode, but disappears when using another profile. So it's profile related.

    Edit #2: it was being caused by a corrupt places.sqlite file (bookmarks).
    Last edited by bybuntu; August 26th, 2011 at 04:04 PM.

  8. #1438
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Firefox 4, 5 & Beyond Mega Thread

    See Firefox release schedule, published by Asa Dotzler on his blog:


  9. #1439
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Beans
    16

    Re: Firefox 4, 5 & Beyond Mega Thread

    @lovinglinux

    I'm not sure this is the way to do it but I'll try. I have troubles with flash-aid, or there is a bug or something. I install it, run both the wizard and install stable in quick mode, it opens the terminal and that runs fine, then I close the terminal and restart ff, the toolbar button disappear, and I get this in extensions..


    My specs are:
    Mint 11 (ubuntu 11.04) 32bit 2.6.38-11
    Firefox --version Mozilla Firefox 6.0
    about: plugins: Shockwave Flash 11.0 d1
    flashplugin-nonfree and flashplugin-installer both 10.3.183.7ubuntu0.11.04.1

    Flash works but I use the plugin for updates since I have no idea who this sevenmachine person is.. Hope I posted this right.

  10. #1440
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Firefox 4, 5 & Beyond Mega Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquix View Post
    @lovinglinux

    I'm not sure this is the way to do it but I'll try. I have troubles with flash-aid, or there is a bug or something. I install it, run both the wizard and install stable in quick mode, it opens the terminal and that runs fine, then I close the terminal and restart ff, the toolbar button disappear, and I get this in extensions..

    My specs are:
    Mint 11 (ubuntu 11.04) 32bit 2.6.38-11
    Firefox --version Mozilla Firefox 6.0
    about: plugins: Shockwave Flash 11.0 d1
    flashplugin-nonfree and flashplugin-installer both 10.3.183.7ubuntu0.11.04.1

    Flash works but I use the plugin for updates since I have no idea who this sevenmachine person is.. Hope I posted this right.
    It's a bug. Get version 2.2.0 from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...-aid/versions/

Page 144 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •