Page 14 of 252 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: how can I make firefox 4 look like windows?

Install Windows? shrug...
    Ubuntu 10.04-Server: HP Pavilion: AMD Athlon 3200; 2gb RAM; GeForce4 MX - nForce; 160gb HDD; 1TB eSATA External HDD | Ubuntu 10.04: Dell D600; Intel Pentium M 1600 MHz; 2gb RAM; ATI Radeon 9000 (RV250); 60gb HD | Ubuntu User #24614

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Firefox 4 Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nrundy View Post
    since installing Fx4 I get this message when I run Update Manager:

W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 9BDB3D89CE49EC21
    W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 610C90B170C398A2

Can someone please help me figure out how to fix what's wrong? Should I uninstall Firefox?
    I don't think your problem has anything to do with your browser. I was getting an error all day yesterday because the ubuntu keyserver was un-responsive.
    Dan
    I wish my computer would do what I wanted it to do instead of what I told it to do.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by Arex Bawrin View Post
    Right now Firefox 4 looks like this on my computer:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.p...1&d=1300897245

I want it to look like the Windows version - see below -(ie the back/forward buttons, the firefox button on the top left, the tab colors, and the button to the right of the search bar). Any help would be much appreciated

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.p...1&d=1300897414
    There is an option to dont show the menu on top like you have it now, just go to "View" and disable the menu. This hopefully helps a little bit to have the bigger screen like in your Win pic.

Beans

Didn't I post about how to do this, back when it was a separate thread? Addons and userchrome.css can give you a pretty convincing tabs in titlebar experience. This feature will (probably) creep into a future release for Linux but it isn't simple because an application doesn't have rights to the titlebar in a normal window.

However, for the same reasons your window manager gives you a lot of power to do things with the titlebar, although obviously not easily putting bits of the application there. For example, I have no titlebar on my Firefox windows because it servers no purpose for me.

Beans

Tabs on top, change your theme, and remove the menus. Then see where you are. Also looks like you'll need to drag that stop button somewhere else, probably to the end of the location bar.

You will have to do extensive work to get it looking exactly like windows. The easiest way is to find a theme that gives you main features and then move buttons and toolbars around to where you want them.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

does anybody know why there is no public key for fx4? anybody know where I can get it? the launchpad one is not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Please remove this post. I moved it to a new thread.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by tinker123; March 24th, 2011 at 03:12 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by nrundy View Post
    does anybody know why there is no public key for fx4? anybody know where I can get it? the launchpad one is not working
    The ubuntu keyserver is unresponsive. Again!
    Dan
    I wish my computer would do what I wanted it to do instead of what I told it to do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

You can get a 64-bit version of Firefox from Mozilla from here: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/re...-x86_64/en-US/
    Dual-boot Mint 10 and Windows 7

My Linux blog: http://techzillax.blogspot.com/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by lightningfox View Post
    You can get a 64-bit version of Firefox from Mozilla from here: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/re...-x86_64/en-US/
    So how can you tell if you are running the 32 or 64 bit versions of FF?

Page 14 of 252 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast