Page 13 of 254 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Firefox 4 Mega Thread

Thanks for your efforts to give us all an easy upgrade.

Pitty FF doesn't use it's own window frame like in the Win7 Installation. It should be possible as Chromium does it too under Gnome.

I had to get the Firebug Plugin from www.mozilla.com, the Add-On Updater seems to have problems connecting to the server. Well it works now, so who cares.

Great work.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thanks lovinglinux for providing this information. I have now installed Firefox 4 and like what I see thus far.

Just one question: is there a way to move the Home icon back across from the right to the left side?

I looked through this thread, but didn't see anything (or missed it if it was there).

Great job, also with your website and FlashAid

Beans

Nearly all buttons can be moved to where you want. Right click on any toolbar and select Customise ... Drag'n'drop until you're happy. Watch out for the "merging" buttons like home/reload/stop which will merge or not depending on position and order.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by lithopsian View Post
    Nearly all buttons can be moved to where you want. Right click on any toolbar and select Customise ... Drag'n'drop until you're happy. Watch out for the "merging" buttons like home/reload/stop which will merge or not depending on position and order.
    Okay, now I am really embarrassed

Worked fine for the Home icon, but I cannot find the Stop and Reload icons

EDIT: cancel that; double embarrassment time. It's been one of those days; brain freeze. All sorted now, thanks.
    Last edited by Rubi1200; March 23rd, 2011 at 08:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Very nice... Tabs stay the same size, so I don't have to move the cursor when closing tabs individually.

I can get rid of that silly search tool! The trick is to drag it into the customize window. Same with the Home button and etc.

The bottom bar is called 'Add-on Bar' for those of us who prefer to keep the gmail manager down there.

App-Tabs are teh way cool, as well.
    Last edited by Dngrsone; March 23rd, 2011 at 08:54 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: how can I make firefox 4 look like windows?

Go to Mozilla site and see what solutions do they have for this problem. I'm not sure but if Firefox 4 is still a Beta probably it will be hard to solve this.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Since you installed Firefox side-by-side with 3.6, look in the Internet menu for a blue globe that says "Mozilla Developer Preview Web Browser".

If you want to completely replace Firefox 3.6, then you should use the firefox-stable ppa, instead of the firefox-next.
    Don't see it. I tried firefox-stable first, and Ubuntu told me there was nothing to upgrade.

I did not INTENTIONALLY install them side-by-side. Both times I tried this install, I said Upgrade or Update.
    Every time I hear the word "Progress" my fur bristles!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

since installing Fx4 I get this message when I run Update Manager:

W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 9BDB3D89CE49EC21
    W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 610C90B170C398A2

Can someone please help me figure out how to fix what's wrong? Should I uninstall Firefox?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'm not sure that everybody here understands the issue. What Arex Bawrin wants to do is not to make firefox look like the windows version but to get rid of the very top bar (the one with the minimise, maximise and close tabs on them). Look closesly at his screenshots and you will see.

Chronium did this beautifuly, freeing up precious screen space and also creating a very pleasing look. Firefox has finaly caught up but unfortunately only on the windows version, which is a shame. I hope that mozilla fixes this at some point soon.
    Make mine a Tea.......strong with plenty of milk!

ivanovnegro is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by KL_72_TR View Post
    Go to Mozilla site and see what solutions do they have for this problem. I'm not sure but if Firefox 4 is still a Beta probably it will be hard to solve this.
    Firefox isnt anymore Beta.

Page 13 of 254 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast