Thread: Fx 4.0 Final

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Fx 4.0 Final

When is Fx 4.0 Final going to hit the 10.10 repo's?
    | Corsair Carbide Series® 300R | Intel Core i5 650@3.20Ghz| OCZ-Vertex3 120 Gb SSD | Western Digital 640 Gb HDD | Western Digital 1 Tb HDD |
    |Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Extreme | Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 | Windows 10 Pro |

Beans

Re: Fx 4.0 Final

Natty's up to RC 2, which I believe is the final version.

I'm not sure whether this will trickle down to Maverick or Lucid, but I seem to remember Fx 2 taking aaaaages to get into the repos at the time.

You may want to add a custom repo for the time being. I'm sure there'll be several with the final version on Launchpad.
    http://xkcd.com/293/
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who confuse it with binary.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Fx 4.0 Final

Quote Originally Posted by WorMzy View Post
    Natty's up to RC 2, which I believe is the final version.

I'm not sure whether this will trickle down to Maverick or Lucid, but I seem to remember Fx 2 taking aaaaages to get into the repos at the time.

You may want to add a custom repo for the time being. I'm sure there'll be several with the final version on Launchpad.
    I did
    | Corsair Carbide Series® 300R | Intel Core i5 650@3.20Ghz| OCZ-Vertex3 120 Gb SSD | Western Digital 640 Gb HDD | Western Digital 1 Tb HDD |
    |Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Extreme | Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 | Windows 10 Pro |

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Smile Re: Fx 4.0 Final

AFAIK Never, Ubuntu doesn't change application versions during release cycles, the version that shipped with 10.10, is the version that will always be in 10.10, only bug and security fixes get added.

Particularly something that will change a major applications UI and possibly configuration files.

It may get added to a backport repository, and there's always ppa's, getdeb, or firefox's website. If you want to live on the bleeding edge of updates.
    "You can't expect to hold supreme executive power just because some watery tart lobbed a sword at you"

"Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."