Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wubi.exe doesn't do anything

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: wubi.exe doesn't do anything

UPDATE: Windows boots just fine I guess the first reboot I just had to wait a while and give it time. Now it boots perfectly I even managed to make Windows Vista the default OS

I temporaily uninstalled the ATI graphics drivers that was the defualt and is ok again for now but nonethe less I still need the drivers for my card so I will give that link you give a try

Once again thanks you two have been great help to get a Linux noob like me get started. I must tell you though the dual boot installation was much easier than trying to figure out why wubi.exe did not want to run.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Great news about booting Windows and I am sure you will find a solution for the graphics drivers.

Let us know what happens or if you need help with anything else.

Beans
    Distro

Rubi, I have followed everything on that link you provided, however at #16
    sudo aticonfig --initial

it returns a no comand found or something of the sort and the drivers do not get installed.

Other than still needing the graphics card drivers everything else seems to be working fine. I love the messaging capabilities, I can finally be loged in to all my messaging accounts all at once! Linux is new to me but looking forward to become comfortable with it.
    Just wish I could get the graphics drivers to work

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I have no experience with ATI drivers, as my laptop uses Intel graphics.

But, when you get to the login screen, before entering your password, there is an option at the lower part of the screen to use Safe Graphics Mode; try it and see if it makes a difference.

Beans
    Distro

UPDATE: Everything is 100% Operational. Thank you Rubi and bcbc for all your help.

The Graphics drivers for my ATI card that came out of the box with the Ubuntu installation works fine when I log in using the Ubuntu Desktop option rather than the Ubuntu Notebook. Seems the problem is only on notebook mode, and that is fine Desktop is just fine anyway.

Moral of this story is to use USB to boot directly into Ubuntu, play with it a bit see if you like it and then Install it. Installation is easy and you cannot mess up your Windows OS as long as you read the screen carefully. Forget the wubi cos its more complicated.

And now to learn about linux and to get used to it! Thanks again!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Excellent! You are more than welcome too for the help. I am sure bcbc will also be pleased.

Please mark this thread Solved using the Thread Tools near the top of the page.

If you need more help with other issues, start another thread and we will try and help if we can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123