Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 80

Thread: FBuntu: Facebook Notifier for Messaging Menu

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lunar Base VII- Sector IX
    Beans
    1,771
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: FBuntu: Facebook Notifier for Messaging Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fluteflute View Post
    The 2012-03-12 shows that is from four/five days ago.

    It would be good if you could try running the program again. Trying running "python ~/.fbuntu/bin/fbuntu.py" at a terminal, and then see what happens to your debug file.

    in terminal I get.
    Code:
    ahmose@ahmose-ThinkPad-Z61t:~$ python ~/.fbuntu/bin/fbuntu.py
    python: can't open file '/home/ahmose/.fbuntu/bin/fbuntu.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
    ahmose@ahmose-ThinkPad-Z61t:~$
    degug log hasnt changed at all. O_o
    5.5 GB's Free Ubuntu-One Cloud Storage~
    Click Here
    _______________________________________________

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    1

    Re: FBuntu: Facebook Notifier for Messaging Menu

    Hello!

    Just tried installing this and am getting an error when I start it:

    $ python ~/fbuntu/fbuntu.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/home/james/fbuntu/fbuntu.py", line 21, in <module>
    import notificationChecker, unifiedInboxChecker, legacyInboxChecker, graphNotificationChecker
    File "/home/james/fbuntu/notificationChecker.py", line 93, in <module>
    import indicate, pynotify
    ImportError: No module named indicate

    Any ideas? There's also no debug.log file anywhere.

    Cheers,

    James

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Beans
    232
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: FBuntu: Facebook Notifier for Messaging Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmygoska View Post
    Hello!

    Just tried installing this and am getting an error when I start it:

    $ python ~/fbuntu/fbuntu.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/home/james/fbuntu/fbuntu.py", line 21, in <module>
    import notificationChecker, unifiedInboxChecker, legacyInboxChecker, graphNotificationChecker
    File "/home/james/fbuntu/notificationChecker.py", line 93, in <module>
    import indicate, pynotify
    ImportError: No module named indicate

    Any ideas? There's also no debug.log file anywhere.

    Cheers,

    James
    I think that problem will be fixed if you install the python-indicate package (you can do this from the Software Centre or using apt-get).
    Linux User #381008
    Ubuntu User #22532

    Need help with Ubuntu? Ask the experts at http://askubuntu.com

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    1

    Re: FBuntu: Facebook Notifier for Messaging Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fluteflute View Post
    I think that problem will be fixed if you install the python-indicate package (you can do this from the Software Centre or using apt-get).
    Hey, thanks for the reply, I'll give that a go when I'm next on that computer. Today I tried getting it to run on a different machine but got this error:

    Code:
    2012-04-28 18:47:03 fbuntu.py:55 INFO: Update #2 starting
    2012-04-28 18:47:03 graphNotificationChecker.py:32 INFO: Checking Facebook
    2012-04-28 18:47:04 fbuntu.py:139 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "./fbuntu.py", line 58, in update
        checker.recheck()
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/graphNotificationChecker.py", line 33, in recheck
        self.retrieve()
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/graphNotificationChecker.py", line 37, in retrieve
        self.response = self.graph.get_connections(self.user["id"], "notifications")['data']
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/facebook.py", line 108, in get_connections
        return self.request(id + "/" + connection_name, args)
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/facebook.py", line 263, in request
        self.logger.warning("The server couldn't fulfill the request. Error code: %s" % (e.code))
    AttributeError: 'GraphAPI' object has no attribute 'logger'
    Sorry, I'm not very good at this debugging...

    Cheers,

    James

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Beans
    232
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: FBuntu: Facebook Notifier for Messaging Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmygoska View Post
    Hey, thanks for the reply, I'll give that a go when I'm next on that computer. Today I tried getting it to run on a different machine but got this error:

    Code:
    2012-04-28 18:47:03 fbuntu.py:55 INFO: Update #2 starting
    2012-04-28 18:47:03 graphNotificationChecker.py:32 INFO: Checking Facebook
    2012-04-28 18:47:04 fbuntu.py:139 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "./fbuntu.py", line 58, in update
        checker.recheck()
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/graphNotificationChecker.py", line 33, in recheck
        self.retrieve()
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/graphNotificationChecker.py", line 37, in retrieve
        self.response = self.graph.get_connections(self.user["id"], "notifications")['data']
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/facebook.py", line 108, in get_connections
        return self.request(id + "/" + connection_name, args)
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/facebook.py", line 263, in request
        self.logger.warning("The server couldn't fulfill the request. Error code: %s" % (e.code))
    AttributeError: 'GraphAPI' object has no attribute 'logger'
    Sorry, I'm not very good at this debugging...

    Cheers,

    James
    Sorry that's my fault - there was a bug that I fixed on my machine, but forgot to share the fix with everyone else!

    If you run 'bzr update' from a terminal (whilst within the fbuntu folder) that particular error shouldn't happen again.

    Thanks for bearing with me, all the information you've been providing is exactly what I need to help debug your problem.
    Linux User #381008
    Ubuntu User #22532

    Need help with Ubuntu? Ask the experts at http://askubuntu.com

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    1

    Re: FBuntu: Facebook Notifier for Messaging Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fluteflute View Post
    Sorry that's my fault - there was a bug that I fixed on my machine, but forgot to share the fix with everyone else!

    If you run 'bzr update' from a terminal (whilst within the fbuntu folder) that particular error shouldn't happen again.

    Thanks for bearing with me, all the information you've been providing is exactly what I need to help debug your problem.
    Gave that a go but didn't seem to change anything:

    Code:
    james@james-timelineX:~$ cd fbuntu/
    james@james-timelineX:~/fbuntu$ bzr update
    Tree is up to date at revision 35 of branch /home/james/fbuntu
    james@james-timelineX:~/fbuntu$ python fbuntu.py 
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "fbuntu.py", line 58, in update
        checker.recheck()
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/graphNotificationChecker.py", line 33, in recheck
        self.retrieve()
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/graphNotificationChecker.py", line 37, in retrieve
        self.response = self.graph.get_connections(self.user["id"], "notifications")['data']
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/facebook.py", line 108, in get_connections
        return self.request(id + "/" + connection_name, args)
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/facebook.py", line 263, in request
        self.logger.warning("The server couldn't fulfill the request. Error code: %s" % (e.code))
    AttributeError: 'GraphAPI' object has no attribute 'logger'
    Error in sys.excepthook:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "fbuntu.py", line 142, in custom_exceptionHook
        os.system('zenity --info --text="My apologies.\n\nFBuntu has encountered an error.\n\nPlease see the logs for full details.\n\nFBuntu has quit."' % (value))
    TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
    (Just saw you're in Soton as well, crap weather, isn't it?)

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Beans
    232
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: FBuntu: Facebook Notifier for Messaging Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmygoska View Post
    Gave that a go but didn't seem to change anything:

    Code:
    james@james-timelineX:~$ cd fbuntu/
    james@james-timelineX:~/fbuntu$ bzr update
    Tree is up to date at revision 35 of branch /home/james/fbuntu
    james@james-timelineX:~/fbuntu$ python fbuntu.py 
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "fbuntu.py", line 58, in update
        checker.recheck()
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/graphNotificationChecker.py", line 33, in recheck
        self.retrieve()
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/graphNotificationChecker.py", line 37, in retrieve
        self.response = self.graph.get_connections(self.user["id"], "notifications")['data']
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/facebook.py", line 108, in get_connections
        return self.request(id + "/" + connection_name, args)
      File "/home/james/fbuntu/facebook.py", line 263, in request
        self.logger.warning("The server couldn't fulfill the request. Error code: %s" % (e.code))
    AttributeError: 'GraphAPI' object has no attribute 'logger'
    Error in sys.excepthook:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "fbuntu.py", line 142, in custom_exceptionHook
        os.system('zenity --info --text="My apologies.\n\nFBuntu has encountered an error.\n\nPlease see the logs for full details.\n\nFBuntu has quit."' % (value))
    TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
    (Just saw you're in Soton as well, crap weather, isn't it?)
    Hmm that says revision 35, but the latest is 37. Could you try 'bzr update' again? (I'm wondering if the new two versions take time to become available or something :S)

    Yeah the weather is nasty!
    Linux User #381008
    Ubuntu User #22532

    Need help with Ubuntu? Ask the experts at http://askubuntu.com

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    1

    Re: FBuntu: Facebook Notifier for Messaging Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fluteflute View Post
    Hmm that says revision 35, but the latest is 37. Could you try 'bzr update' again? (I'm wondering if the new two versions take time to become available or something :S)

    Yeah the weather is nasty!
    Just tried it again and still says 35. I'll try again in a little while and see what happens. Cheers!

    ==============================

    Edit 21:15

    Tried a couple more times but still at version 35.

    Would it help to delete the files and try again from the beginning?
    Last edited by jimmygoska; April 29th, 2012 at 09:16 PM.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    1

    Re: FBuntu: Facebook Notifier for Messaging Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fluteflute View Post
    Hmm that says revision 35, but the latest is 37. Could you try 'bzr update' again? (I'm wondering if the new two versions take time to become available or something :S)

    Yeah the weather is nasty!
    Hey,

    I've tried running 'bzr update' a couple more times and it still says version 35.

    Cheers,

    James

    ======================================

    Edit

    On the plus side I didn't have the 'python-indicate' package. Got that done but now I have the other issue on both machines.
    Last edited by jimmygoska; May 2nd, 2012 at 10:23 PM.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Beans
    3

    Re: FBuntu: Facebook Notifier for Messaging Menu

    Hello! (Please, excuse my English ) It works perfectly!

    ¿Do you have any idea of how to set a sound for those notifications?

    Thanks in advance!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •