Thread: Drupal endeavours

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Drupal endeavours

Ok so i want to install drupal7 and i am pretty lazy and stupid regarding wep pages so here i go:

step 1
    Code:
    tasksel install lamp-setver
    step 2
    start the apache server

step 3
    downloaded the drupal kit and unpacked the drupal folder in /var/www directory

step 4
    type in the browser (FF 3.something) 127.0.0.1/var/www/drupal7/index.php

all well and nice till it said that it requires the config file
    mainly here's the message:

Code:
    Settings file	The settings file does not exist.
    The Drupal installer requires that you create a settings file as part of the installation process. Copy the ./sites/default/default.settings.php file to ./sites/default/settings.php.
    i am not sure what the config file is and what the sites/default directory is and where/how do i set it as default.

i am used to do stuff in php and to save my little scripts in the /var/www/something folder and run them from there the rest is rocket science for me! could someone help please

Beans

Re: Drupal endeavours

Quote Originally Posted by blackmail View Post
    Ok so i want to install drupal7 and i am pretty lazy and stupid regarding wep pages so here i go:

step 1
    Code:
    tasksel install lamp-setver
    step 2
    start the apache server

step 3
    downloaded the drupal kit and unpacked the drupal folder in /var/www directory

step 4
    type in the browser (FF 3.something) 127.0.0.1/var/www/drupal7/index.php

all well and nice till it said that it requires the config file
    mainly here's the message:

Code:
    Settings file    The settings file does not exist.
    The Drupal installer requires that you create a settings file as part of the installation process. Copy the ./sites/default/default.settings.php file to ./sites/default/settings.php.
    i am not sure what the config file is and what the sites/default directory is and where/how do i set it as default.

i am used to do stuff in php and to save my little scripts in the /var/www/something folder and run them from there the rest is rocket science for me! could someone help please
    Hello
    You already get your answer from drupal
    Copy the ./sites/default/default.settings.php file to ./sites/default/settings.php
    You just have to rename the default.settings.php to settings.php then configure your database.
    For a easy way to navigate thru your server i suggest you to install webmin for ubuntu http://www.webmin.com/download.html

Regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Talking Re: Drupal endeavours

Thank you this really helped a lot
    I managed to install my drupal finally

Thanks again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Drupal endeavours

This step is documented in the README file in the Drupal directory, but if you don't find it, and don't create a starter settings file (settings.php), then the automatic installer fails. I guess this is a security precaution to prevent automatic creation of Drupal sites.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.