Thread: Apparmor default profiles

Beans

Apparmor default profiles

I was tinkering with the apparmor default profiles and jacked up the firefox one a bit and wanted to go back to the defaults so I deleted it. I cannot get the thing to reload it. I've purged, removed, installed apparmor utils and profiles numerous times. What do I have to do, somehow it remembers I deleted the file apparently.

NOTE: I did find the original apparmor profile in the firefox deb file which is in var/apt/archives. Mine was gone so I just did an apt-get for firefox to bring it back down.
    Last edited by needhelppeeps; March 20th, 2011 at 06:37 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Apparmor default profiles

The apparmor profile '/etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.firefox' does not come from any apparmor* packages. It's included in the firefox package. You can get the original profile from here for the moment:

/etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.firefox*

Click the link then 'Download this file'. Just throw it in /etc/apparmor.d/ and restart apparmor:
    Code:
    sudo service apparmor restart
    Make sure apparmor, apparmor-utils, and firefox are already installed.

*There is no difference between the 32/64-bit profiles, fyi.
    Please mark completed threads as [SOLVED], which lets us find solutions faster!

Beans

Re: Apparmor default profiles

sorry to reply to this... but is there a current location for that file? I seem to have made the same mistake as the original poster but the link does not open for me.

thanks