Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Howto: Build the BitTorrent client Transmission under the latest Ubuntu release

Beans

Re: Howto: Build the BitTorrent client Transmission under the latest Ubuntu release

Sorry about the delay answering, I had thought that this guide was no longer being used . I have updated Transmission to 2.50 and bumped the libevent version as well. Local installation of libevent is simply to avoid any potential repercussions from altering versions of system support libraries, not a huge possibility with libevent but all the same...
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Re: Howto: Build the BitTorrent client Transmission under the latest Ubuntu release

I successfully compiled transmission-daemon 2.51, following this guide, but auto start doesn't work anymore. How I can make transmission-daemon to run automatically on startup?

Thank you

Beans

And still this guide bubbles along . I have not set Transmission in this way myself but I suspect the answer will be found on this nicely written wiki page:

AddingProgramToSessionStartup
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ad...SessionStartup

Hope this helps?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    In February Transmission 2.50 was released. This mini-guide demonstrates how to build this version from source under for the latest Ubuntu release: Oneiric Ocelot. I will update this guide periodically for newer versions of both Transmission and Ubuntu .
    Um, I must be missing something. Aren't BitTorrent clients relatively feature-stable? Why not just rely on the repository version?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatux View Post
    Um, I must be missing something. Aren't BitTorrent clients relatively feature-stable? Why not just rely on the repository version?
    The answer is here:

https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/Changes

As you can see there have been many security and bug fixes. In the world of torrents I think it is thus well worthwhile keeping abreast of recent changes with Transmission!

Beans

This guide has been transferred to the Ubuntu Community Wiki, but support will still be available in this thread. The address is:

Compiling Transmission
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompilingTransmission

Feel free to post any questions here or modify the wiki page yourself if there are obvious changes needed.

Beans

The wiki page has received an update. I have tidied up the docs in the Transmission package and more importantly updated 2 of the -dev files to libappindicator3-dev and libgtk3-dev. Screenshot attached of the successful build under Precise Pangolin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ads52; August 13th, 2012 at 04:09 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

There is a new version of this howto please have a look at this thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2099851

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123