Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Howto: Build the BitTorrent client Transmission under the latest Ubuntu release

Beans

Re: Howto: Build the BitTorrent client Transmission under the latest Ubuntu release

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    I am in the process of installing Oneiric beta 2 so when this is settled in
    If you're using the beta 2 image then the 1st thing i'd do is update, B2 shipped w/ some packages that were less than 'ideal'
    (today's daily would be in better shape.

Beans

Re: Howto: Build the BitTorrent client Transmission under the latest Ubuntu release

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    If you're using the beta 2 image then the 1st thing i'd do is update, B2 shipped w/ some packages that were less than 'ideal'
    (today's daily would be in better shape.
    Thanks for the tip, I have updated now. Runs a little better than Natty in my VM..... Can't believe that Synaptic is no longer default .
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

The -p flag yields the same results.

...and it's weird/sort of important to me because qBittorrent isn't reading my partial downloads properly.
    Last edited by babygenius55; September 27th, 2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: additional info

Beans

Upgraded the guide to Oneiric, latest libevent and Transmission. Not too many benefits at the moment as Oneiric currently has the latest version but 2.34 will be out soon and this will not be in Oneiric I suspect.

@babygenius55: It may be worthwhile to remove all of the Transmission preferences and allow Transmission to start from scratch. To do this safely close Transmission down and then simply run the following command in red:

Code:
    andrew@corinth:~$ mv -v $HOME/.config/transmission $HOME/.config/transmission_bak
    `/home/andrew/.config/transmission' -> `/home/andrew/.config/transmission_bak'
    When you restart Transmission the defaults will be in place and hopefully all will be well. All of your old settings will remain in $HOME/.config/transmission_bak for reference or reversion... BTW anybody know any safe blocklist URLs?

Beans

Update to Transmission 2.41, looks like this version will not be part of Oneiric...

Beans

Thanks Ron for the heads-up: updated to Transmission 2.42

Beans

First off I would like to thank andrew.46 for a great guide but I've got just got one question, I have run all the commands and now I am unsure of how to run the GTK version, I'm using 10.04LTS.
    Last edited by josh6025; November 28th, 2011 at 12:17 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by josh6025 View Post
    I have run all the commands and now I am unsure of how to run the GTK version, I'm using 10.04LTS.
    While I have not tested this version of the guide under 10.04 I suspect that Transmission should appear on your GNOME Menu? If the icon is not there try logging off and back on and hopefully it will appear

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    While I have not tested this version of the guide under 10.04 I suspect that Transmission should appear on your GNOME Menu? If the icon is not there try logging off and back on and hopefully it will appear
    I logged out and tried rebooting as well and the icon didn't appear in the menu, I'm using 10.04LTS server with the gnome GUI installed on top of it.

Beans

Hello,

after I nearly killed my system integrity by installing Transmission-cli 2.42 from a debian repo with dpkg, I ran u skript from the first post! And it works!

Thank you very much andrew.46!

Can someone explain me, how this works with the libc6-Library? What does "install locally" mean?

Bye
    MPW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast