Thread: Choppy Flash on Meerkat Ion Nettop

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Choppy Flash on Meerkat Ion Nettop

Hi all. I just bought the Meerkat Ion Nettop and installed Kubuntu 10.10 (32-bit) on it. I'm using Flash 10.2 and the Nvidia 260.19 proprietary driver. I expected decent fullscreen video performance on Hulu, since Flash 10.2 is supposed to be accelerated on the Ion, but it's quite choppy. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Is there something I can do to get better performance? Fullscreen video on XBMC playing a local MPEG-4 file is very good, so the problem is specific to Flash.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Choppy Flash on Meerkat Ion Nettop

bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Go ahead and point your firefox to aboutlugins. Scroll down until you reach the Shockwave Flash section, then take a screenshot of it with the PrtSc key. Also, what version of Ubuntu is installed? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by isantop View Post
    Go ahead and point your firefox to aboutlugins. Scroll down until you reach the Shockwave Flash section, then take a screenshot of it with the PrtSc key. Also, what version of Ubuntu is installed? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
    It is Kubuntu 10.10 32-bit. Shockwave Flash version as reported in Firefox is 10.2 r152. (Can't take a screenshot at the moment because I'm not sitting in front of it.) Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Do you have the proprietary Nvidia Drivers loaded?
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Yes, proprietary NVIDIA driver from the Ubuntu Maverick repo is installed and enabled (the nvidia-current package).

I saw a message here that suggests the problem is Hulu-specific and not related to software configuration. Can you check to see if video acceleration should work in Hulu on a "stock" Meerkat Ion Nettop?