Thread: Bash Script to automate WEP cracking

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Bash Script to automate WEP cracking

This is a script to automate pentesting of WEP networks. Although it is common knowledge that WEP is broken, people still continue to use it. I wrote this script to demonstrate to friends how simple it is.

This script is intended to be run in Backtrack 4, but also runs in Ubuntu if you have aircrack-ng and patched drivers.

This is my first attempt at scripting, but I think I have made a fairly sturdy script. It evolved several times as I had my idiot friends alpha test it and now I deem it idiot proof. Any constructive comments or suggestions are welcome.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

mod clean up

I know this is really old but I wrote a script that does similar things to yours, so you might be able to steal some code from it... it seems pretty sturdy and idiot proof. As far as your menu thing, I was reading a tutorial about something like that a few days ago but now I can't seem to find it. There are simpler ways to do what you are trying to do...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Bash Script to automate WEP cracking

Please do not necromance other peoples threads. Post merged with your own thread.

Thank you.
    Last edited by s.fox; March 15th, 2011 at 09:04 PM.