Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Compiz not working?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Unhappy Re: Compiz not working?

I have the same problem. Compiz segfaults, there is no desktop effects tab on appearance, compiz-fusion-icon crashes and so on.

I have an ATI radeon based laptop and compiz has been working perfectly since hardy, with proprietary drivers in the past and the open source drivers for more than a year now.

Unity does not even start and gnome classic loads without compiz and with a few crash reports.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Compiz not working?

one week until the official release and compiz still won't work... hope it gets solved
    Busques ajuda? Comença pel wiki de l'equip català!

Beans

I had this same issue I attribute it to me not downloading and installing update packages during the installation progress of the OS, so as a result it booted my computer with generic graphics drivers until i downloaded the proper ones for my card (Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS). I found that "compiz --replace" brought back my ability to use compiz temporarily until i rebooted. I added a startup for compiz in the "startup applications". I named it Compiz with the command "compiz --replace". Now i got effects everytime i reboot. Now i justs need to figure out how to get unity back after uninstalling and reinstalling compiz

Beans

got Unity back went to Synanptic Package manager and installed "Unity" and reinstalled all packages listed green under Unity search.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

one day to release and compiz still not working.. segfaults very frequently due to libregex problems.

Am I alone?
    Busques ajuda? Comença pel wiki de l'equip català!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123