Thread: Keyboard Compatibility

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Keyboard Compatibility

Hello all good morning, afternoon or whatever.
    I'm trying to find out how to write some symbols that I used to write on windows
    Upperscore, fakespace, heart, sword, trebol, diamond, faces, music notes, etc <- Nvm, I found em all:

▲ ▶ ▼ ◀ ◆ ◉ ☠ ☢ ☣ ☪ ☫ ☮ ☬ ☯ ☭ ☹ ☺ ☸ ☕ ☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☄ ★ ☆ ☑ ☐ ☒ ☔ ☘ ☿ ♀ ♂ ♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙ ♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♩ ♺ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ ♱ ♰ ♲ ♻ ♼ ♽ ♾ ♿ ⚖ ⚛ ⚜ ⚝ ⚡ ✕ ✓ ✔ ✠ ✦ ✧ ✬ ❤ ➣ ➢

And even more than the ones I wanted, but the one I can't seem to find is the fake space <-- Nvm I found it
    And I found out this unicode table
    http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/en/general-info/unicode.html

But it prompt me 4 questions:
    1.- There's a code on the first colum of each table and a code on the first line of each table, how should I combine em in order to write the character? <- Nvm I found out how to do that, you might write the first code and then the upper line tells you with which numbers your (Four digits) code might end
    2.- There are some spaces in which im meant to see a character but I only see an square with numbers or letters inside. Should I download something in order to be able to see them?
    3.- Will every character that I write on ubuntu show on another's person windows pc? Let's say I wrote it on msn or facebook, or a mail, etc
    4.- Is there a way to make my keyboard behave like a windows keyboard? Let's say I want to write ascii instead of ctrl+shift+u+code.
    Last edited by Julian Luna; March 12th, 2011 at 08:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Keyboard Compatibility

bump