Thread: Adept autoupdate problem

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Adept autoupdate problem

Autoupdate has been showing 3 updates for the last few weeks. When I do updates it will not do these three. Even trying from the command line as sudo it will not complete them. I've been hoping a new update would fix it, but no luck. Trying to change the 'no change' to 'install' shows <break> and will not allow update. I can get the linux-generic to change from 'no change' to 'remove' by trying to intall the restricted modules, but I'm not sure if I should do that!
    Any suggestions? Do you need more info?

Since I can't copy from Adept I've included a screen shot -
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Adept autoupdate problem

Ah, been a while since I saw that panel and that UI look. :3

Try using the terminal aptitude; it should offer you some suggestions or at least tell you why it can't upgrade those. It's much better at resolving problems than apt-get is.

Code:
    $ sudo aptitude update
    $ sudo aptitude full-upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Adept autoupdate problem

Quote Originally Posted by Zorael View Post
    Ah, been a while since I saw that panel and that UI look. :3

Try using the terminal aptitude; it should offer you some suggestions or at least tell you why it can't upgrade those. It's much better at resolving problems than apt-get is.

Code:
    $ sudo aptitude update
    $ sudo aptitude full-upgrade
    If being old fashioned is a crime then I guess I'm guilty!
    I prefer KDE 3.5 over KDE 4.0 - 4.0 reminds me of windows too much!! I recently found the trinity distro for Kubuntu 10.10 and have it on a laptop, but haven't changed my desktop yet.

ok - sudo aptitude update - gives me:
    W: GPG error: http://download.virtualbox.org hardy Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 54422A4B98AB5139
    W: GPG error: http://packages.medibuntu.org hardy Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 2EBC26B60C5A2783
    W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
    sudo aptitude full-upgrade;
    not sure if I really want to do this one - does it upgrade Hardy to later releases or does it keep it in Hardy?

anyway - thanks for the suggestions!