Thread: Some interesting glitches

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Some interesting glitches

Hello people just wanting to know some things; what is best? Gnome or KDE?
    I would also love to know how much MB does my (indexed/attached) graphic card supports?
    Cause my graphical stuff is actually going wrong sometimes; one example is linux native games such as Quadrapassel, which doesnt work but actually tibia which game demands more graphical supports; runs well
    Somebody told me that i should open the apps with "-opengl" At the end, or something like that
    But I don't really understand
    I need some voluntary to download and try to install "Combat Arms" game
    combatarms.nexon.net
    Because while it was installing; my computer went totally crazy, everything freezed severaly and music was playing, mutting, playing, mutting, repeating.
    What went wrong? Also the installer's images were upside down...
    Another time my computer was on for two days, and later my cairodock completely glitched; there was some kind of black spot at it's backwards and clicking on the icons wasn't responding at all. The "File, edit, view, history, bookmarks" bar of my browser dissappeared, alt + tab or win + tab wasn't responding, what the hell happened? o.o Thanks im noob

Edit: I need to close youtube in order to hear rythmbox; they don't go mixing. What to do?

Edit: Whenever I select to remove one of the keyboard layouts that I don't use; next time I reboot it still appears there... hell
    Last edited by Julian Luna; March 7th, 2011 at 05:08 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Some interesting glitches

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Luna View Post
    what is best? Gnome or KDE?
    That's a loaded question! Get ready to run and duck for cover.

For me, KDE is it. It's beautiful, excruciatingly customizable--you could literally spend DAYS doing nothing but tweaking its appearance--and has lots of great features. There are some GNOME programs I like and use, but GNOME itself doesn't do anything for me. See the link in my sig for a blog post showcasing some of KDE's features.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Some interesting glitches

Hello people just wanting to know some things; what is best? Gnome or KDE?
    The one that best fits your needs.

I would also love to know how much MB does my (indexed/attached) graphic card supports?
    What video card do you have?