Thread: HOW-TO: Get Kodak Easyshare Camera to work with Ubuntu

Threaded View

Beans

Talking HOW-TO: Get Kodak Easyshare Camera to work with Ubuntu

This is a short tutorial for anybody having problems with a Kodak Easyshare Camera.

I'm no master at this, but after looking for different things to make my M530 Kodak Easyshare camera work with Ubuntu, I finally got it.
    So I thought I might as well post it all to show anybody else who might have problems how to use it.

This has worked with my M530 and Ubuntu 10.04 64bit. Not sure about other Kodaks or other Easyshare-cameras.

You should have libgphoto2 installed.

1) Plug the camera into the USB, turn it on.
    2) If nothing happens, open up the terminal.

Code:
    lsusb
    Write down the Device ID number on the line that says "Kodak Co."

3) On the terminal...

Code:
    sudo sh -c '/usr/lib/libgphoto2/print-camera-list udev-rules mode 0660 group plugdev > /etc/udev/rules.d/45-libgphoto2.rules'
    4) Run....
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/45-libgphoto2.rules
    5) Go to the bottom of the file. Before the end where it says: LABEL="libgphoto2_rules_end"
    Add
    Code:
    ATTRS{idVendor}=="VENDORID", ATTRS{idProduct}=="PRODUCTID", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"
    where VENDORID and PRODUCTID are in the device ID number, shown as VENDORID : PRODUCTID.

6) Save the rules file.
    7) Reboot the computer.
    8 ) Turn on camera. Everything should work.

Hope this helps some people!
    Last edited by HazelIced; March 10th, 2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Step number 8 appeared as a smiley, so did the colon between vendorid and productid.