Thread: Help with Network NAS Settings Please/

Beans

Help with Network NAS Settings Please/

Can anybody help a complete MythTV Novice?

I have installed MythTV on Ubuntu 10.10 from the repositories and it is working, so far so good!

What I would appreciate some help with is how to tell it to play music, video and pictures from a Netgear ReadyNASDuo over my home network without copying the files locally to the PC running MythTV.

Can anybody help me with the appropriate MythTV front/backend settings for playing files over a home network please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Help with Network NAS Settings Please/

Quote Originally Posted by pgs3223 View Post
    Can anybody help a complete MythTV Novice?

I have installed MythTV on Ubuntu 10.10 from the repositories and it is working, so far so good!

What I would appreciate some help with is how to tell it to play music, video and pictures from a Netgear ReadyNASDuo over my home network without copying the files locally to the PC running MythTV.

Can anybody help me with the appropriate MythTV front/backend settings for playing files over a home network please?
    I love the ReadyNAS Duo, I use it here

You need to set it up the NAS for NFS. Then mount the different shares via NFS on the backend. Then just create the mythtv storage groups at the same directory you have each of the mounts (pictures, videos, music, etc)
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Talking Re: Help with Network NAS Settings Please/

Many thanks!

Any chance you could elabourate, I am new to all to this, a little more help on where I need to go to change the settings and what syntax I need to use would be really helpful.

Best Regards