Thread: Small annoyance with copy progress time

Beans

Small annoyance with copy progress time

When i copy something with Nautilus i get a progress-bar with time count-down. Depending in how long it will take, it starts counting down e.g 3 min, 2 min, 1 min... and when 1 minute has passed, it starts counting down from 59 seconds. (And copy is not the only program to use this way of counting down)

I feel the last report of 1 min should really be 2 min. And the same is true if the countdown starts from 1 hour, it could very well 1 hour and 59 min. Saying there is 1 hour left makes me believe that the process will be finished in less then 1 hour.

I do understand that, saying it's 2 hours left is a bit much, if there is only 1 hour and 1 minute left. But this is the way I would prefer it. Any other opinions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Small annoyance with copy progress time

I agree with you. I cant stand the annoying progress bar that pops up when Im moving files around. When copying things to my USB it seems like it takes forever. Really five minutes to copy a 2gb file to a 8gb usb flash is kinda crazy. Especially if I download a file thats 2gb in less than five minutes.