Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntuzilla ceasing^Wcontinuing operation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ubuntuzilla ceasing operation

Karl, thank you very much for your assistance. My "Ubuntu Updates" settings prevented any updates for some time (apparently ever since FF3.6.8 became available). It seemed strange to me but I could not figure out a reason. Now I now. Thank You very much indeed.
    Last edited by dashaus; March 6th, 2011 at 11:07 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I thank those who ran the Ubuntuzilla repos, it was a very cool way to update. But during the last week or so, I encountered some glitches; trying to update and then replace the Ubuntuzilla version with the Ubuntu repos version caused some directories to break. I now have neither version as the Ubuntu repo version crashes on attempt to download as can be seen in this thread Is there a CLI command or script that can correct the issue please?
    Ubuntu 11.04, Mac OS X 10.4.11

Beans
    Hidden!

nanotube, you've provided an excellent and much appreciated service with the Ubuntuzilla project, and I'd like to add my heartfelt thanks! One of the first things I did after moving to Linux/Ubuntu with the advent of Karmic was removing Ubuntu's out-of-date Firefox and adding your repository, and I've been on it ever since. Flawless all the way. It's good news that Canonical have cleaned up their act when it comes to Mozilla updates now, but thanks to you it's never really been a concern whether they did or not.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Thank you all for your kind words!

I'll keep the ubuntuzilla repos updated until Ubuntu Karmic stops being supported, which should be April 2011.

Beans

firefox is going to accelerate its release schedule (chrome-like), but did Canonical promise to keep up with their updates somewhere?
    because in that case perhaps they will lag behind and the only viable alternative to ubuntuzilla (R.I.P. and a very big thank you) seems to be mozilla team PPA (which released ff4 already, canonical didn't yet).
    any trusted info about this?

Beans
    Hidden!

Last edited by auh2o; March 23rd, 2011 at 11:02 AM.

Beans

thanks, i already installed it (worth it ) with the mozillateam PPA and i saw the expectation about faster Canonical updates in the future, however my concern was if they really promised that, which i doubt.
    i will keep the mozillateam PPA and hope we won't stay too much behind schedule. i honestly don't want to keep an eye on firefox releases and manually install it every time.
    before the updates timing was:
    -ubuntuzilla: now
    -mozillateam: next weeks
    -canonical: next semester

Beans

Bummer!
    I suspect I'm not the only one from the Debian camp relying on Ubuntuzilla for timely, painless updates of real Firefox and real Thunderbird.
    Okay, so what can I do? Nanotube, I might be interested in taking over. In that case, would you be willing to give me a tour of the premises?
    Last edited by interfix; March 23rd, 2011 at 02:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by interfix View Post
    Bummer!
    I suspect I'm not the only one from the Debian camp relying on Ubuntuzilla for timely, painless updates of real Firefox and real Thunderbird.
    Okay, so what can I do? Nanotube, I might be interested in taking over. In that case, would you be willing to give me a tour of the premises?
    Hey interfix, sent you a PM.

Beans

You'll be missed

Should you ever need someone to perform testing with a future project send me a PM and I'll certainly do my best to help.

This was a rockin' project and IMHO no effort is truly ever wasted since everything learned continues to benefit those who invested their Grey matter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast