Thread: How do I switch off "grabbing" Icon on Desktop?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question How do I switch off "grabbing" Icon on Desktop?

Hey everyone,

So I've just gotten Kubuntu Lucid set up on my old laptop, and I notice something that's bugging me. There's an "open hand" icon that occurs on the desktop which, when I click and drag, drags the wallpaper I've set for whichever given desktop out of place. This is really annoying and interferes with my productivity. Does anyone know how to get back the old "arrow" pointer on the Desktop using Kubuntu Lucid?

*Side note: For the information of anyone who's helped me on my Sony VAIO's Kubuntu Environment, this is -not- the same computer. It's a Dell Inspiron 1525 that I've had for a few years now.

Thanks,

-Val
    -Val

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How do I switch off "grabbing" Icon on Desktop?

Try clicking on the apostrophe looking thing on the upper right hand corner of the Desktop (it's called Toolbox if you scroll over it.) Now click on "Lock Widgets". This should keep you from accidentally moving stuff.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How do I switch off "grabbing" Icon on Desktop?

Thanks for your response. Locking Widgets doesn't seem to change anything about this particular problem, though it does prevent the Widgets set on top of the Wallpaper from moving.

*Update - I noticed upon restart this morning that the problem seemed to have disappeared when I reached the Desktop. However, adding more Virtual Desktops or editing user-defined behavior of existing Virtual Desktops caused the "hand" icon to re-appear with (once again) no apparent way to get rid of it.
    -Val