Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to upgrade kernel to 2.6.35 on lucid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: how to upgrade kernel to 2.6.35 on lucid

Morgaes,

Apologies for jumping in here but I posted this http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...73&postcount=1 query abt nolapic requirement for my X58 mobo

I am without a response so far. Further reading has suggested that a kernel upgrade to 36 or above might solve my problem, but does that mean such an updgrade would lead to me using 10.10? If that's the only way to get it working then I might as well do a clean install of 10.10.

Tks

T

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: how to upgrade kernel to 2.6.35 on lucid

Quote Originally Posted by mörgæs View Post
    How come you ask about upgrades?
    Thanks for that.

I guess anything that could make things smoother or faster running is always a good thing.

My signature is merely my own personal opinion regarding 11.04 having tried it. There seemed to be too many things that needed to be corrected, it wasn't as 'out of the box' user friendly as 10.04 on my machine, so it disappeared. I don't like that Unity (in its current form) is un-customisable. I'm really a fan of having a desktop that way I want it, not the way someone else wants me to have it, which was a huge pull for me to Ubuntu in the first place.

I think Canonical have a long way to go before Unity will be bug-free. Not to say that Gnome is, but with more years on it than Unity, Gnome's bugs aren't as major.

For me, I don't like the idea of upgrading with every release. At least not until the new release has proven itself for stability and reliability and has features that I consider worth upgrading to. As long as I get regular LTS security updates, I'm happy to wait for the next LTS release.
    Windows free since '09 - never looked back!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12