Thread: Burn-in/artifact/ghost image on white windows, Need urgent help

Hybrid View

Beans

Burn-in/artifact/ghost image on white windows, Need urgent help

This is the most bizarre bug I've ever encountered and I can't figure it out, hopefully someone here can. I recently wiped and installed Ubuntu 10.10 on my Dell M6500, and I have this weird issue where an "image" of a youtube video that I've never watched appears in a fixed location on my screen, but it appears ONLY on white windows. I've had this exact bug before, with the exact same image in the exact same place. The image seems to be a "screenshot" of a youtube video called "Twilight... with cheeseburgers".

I've tried to screenshot it but it won't show up :/

Once again, I've never viewed this video, and it shows up on any white space that goes over the area that it is, it isn't restricted to the web browser. I've updated my graphics drivers to the official nvidia one from the site, then to the ones from x-updates, so I'm almost sure it isn't my graphics card, any solutions/suggestions? This thing is making web browsing and everything else hell...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Burn-in/artifact/ghost image on white windows, Need urgent help

Hello - I was having the same issue: After images of various flash based content appearing whenever white space was over the area. Very weird.

I back rev'd my NVidia driver to 1.73 and that seems to have fixed the problem. Hope this helps!

- thadd