Thread: Has anyone gotten the Jwin's JC-AM100 Webcam to function on Ubuntu?

Beans
    Hidden!

Question Has anyone gotten the Jwin's JC-AM100 Webcam to function on Ubuntu?

As the title entails I was wondering if anyone has gotten the Jwin JC-AM100 (or even the JC-AM800) to work right in Ubuntu. I've gotten a poor laggy display in cheese which I guess could be cleaned up some with some time consuming adjustments...but I haven't gotten it to work outside of cheese.
    Diaspora Handle: masternetra@diasp.org

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Has anyone gotten the Jwin's JC-AM100 Webcam to function on Ubuntu?

Oop spoke too soon, seems newest version of cheese handles it well. However still trying to figure out how to get it so that youtube and online locations period can connect to it...
    Last edited by MasterNetra; March 4th, 2011 at 08:52 PM.

Beans

does cheese display your image upside down? also, have you learned anything new since you got it? stuff like... how to use it anywhere except cheese. i just picked one of these webcams up today because it was cheap.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by nullren View Post
    does cheese display your image upside down? also, have you learned anything new since you got it? stuff like... how to use it anywhere except cheese. i just picked one of these webcams up today because it was cheap.
    Apparently webcams period don't seem to run in browser places like Stickam, or youtube's video capture or anything like that. However, the cam itself does seem to work in Skype and its likely it would work in Empathy's video chat, though I have yet to use Empathy's Video chat so I can't really say for sure, don't see why not though. As for the youtube webcam capture thing, its only a in convince considering you can use cheese itself to record. When cheese is installed it installs the driver required for the webcam with it.

Also though while the quality is alright, if your looking for it to run its best, in my experience it has preformed its best in windows XP, tried it in windows 7, again works but not as well as it does in Window XP. For Linux and personal use it works fine.
    Last edited by MasterNetra; March 18th, 2011 at 03:12 PM.