I'm fed up with googling about this problem and i am afraid of tweaking up the machine to much to much which will render it useless.

What my problem is that the Ubuntu access to the internet is VERY slow and SEEMS to be limited. While on Winblows, its totally fine, 600kb/sec. What I did notice in ubuntu and windows is that the uplaod speed seems to be fine 100kb/sec but the download is where the OS differs. On ubuntu its 120kb/sec and on Windows 600kb/sec

Its not the firefox issue which many threads point out which I came across with, not my network issue because its fine on windows. Must and is Ubuntu issue or the apps issue. Soemtimes, like before running
Code:
 sudo dhclient wlan0
use to fix the problem but it just comes back to the lame speed. But now, its totally not responding whats so ever. its really stubborn!

I thought nm-applet may be the issue which it seemed intially because Wcid connected and my internet speed was fine. But after reboot, Wicd BROKE! yes, it did, now it doesn't connec to the network. I'm stuck with nm-applet.

What do i do now?

btw

Code:
 Linux pc18 2.6.32-28-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jan 10 23:42:43 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux