Thread: Ubuntu for Phone Now Running Windows?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Ubuntu for Phone Now Running Windows?

I've got a Samsung Omnia B7330 mobile phone, which runs some version of Windows. It won't talk to my laptop unless I boot to Windows, which I'd rather not do. Is there a version of Ubuntu I can install on the mobile? Although I'm still a bit confused as to exactly what Ubuntu Moblin is, it doesn't seem like the solution to my problem, and I'm highly doubtful that my phone could run it anyway.

Failing an Ubuntu for the phone, is there a way to get my Windows phone to talk to Ubuntu?

Re: Ubuntu for Phone Now Running Windows?

Your phone runs Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard.

Here's a post about connecting your phone os to Ubuntu 9.10. Perhaps with a few changes, you can get it to run on your system.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro

Hey, Sef, that's really helpful. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: Ubuntu for Phone Now Running Windows?

You know what? Not only have I got Ubuntu and my Windows phone talking to each other now, but Windows XP and my phone won't talk to each other. Weird, huh? Glad to have Ubuntu!

Thanks again, Sef!!

Beans
    Distro

Ever since upgrading to 11.10, I've been unable to use Sef's technique to get my Ubuntu laptop to talk to my Windows Mobile 6.5 phone. Would anyone have a suggestion for how to get SynCE to work with 11.10 and Unity?