Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: After recent update, red youtube videos?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: After recent update, red youtube videos?

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguille View Post
    I fixed mine by downgrading flashplugin-installer to 10.1

Just run
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove flashplugin-installer
    Then download either
    Code:
    http://gt.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/multiverse/f/flashplugin-nonfree/flashplugin-installer_10.1.85.3ubuntu1_i386.deb
    or
    Code:
    http://gt.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/multiverse/f/flashplugin-nonfree/flashplugin-installer_10.1.85.3ubuntu1_amd64.deb
    depending on your system, and install the .deb.

Then lock the flashplugin-installer version in synaptic (it will stop it from updating). Unlock it once we know 10.2 is bug-free.

Now, I use chromium-browser (daily ppa), and there is a little inconvenience: it'll always ask for the plugin to be updated. So you just need to click on "run this time", and it'll work normally. But the next time you open another youtube video, it'll ask for the update again.

Ah, by the way, this proves that it's not a youtube issue (I thought it had to do with the new layout, but apparently it doesn't), but a flashplugin 10.2 issue.
    This worked like a charm even got my facebook photo uploader working.

Thanks a million!

Beans

Beans

I recently updated some packages, which may have included flash, and now youtube doesn't work properly. I tried playing HD flash videos in other websites, and they all seem to work fine.

Some of the problems I've been having include: Video plays in Black and White, Progress Bar is choppy, freezes even though the video is playing, and sometimes when I maximize to fullscreen the video goes black, but you continue to hear it playing. If I minimize the video, it goes back to normal.

The problem occurs in both Chrome and Firefox, and I'm using Fedora 14.

I've gone through several workarounds/solutions none of them work to my satisfaction:
    1. Disable Hardware Acceleration: Video Freezes when I go to fullscreen
    2. Uninstall most recent flashplugin and install an older version i.e. 10.1: Won't work for me because I primarily use Chrome
    3. Use the Pop-Out Option: Works perfectly even in full screen for the first few seconds but then flash crashes in both Chrome and Firefox.
    4. Uninstall flash and use gnash: Wont work for Chrome
    5: Delete cookies and restart browser: Nada

The best workaround I've found so far is either zoom with compiz or vlc network stream, neither of which is as convenient as double clicking to go to fullscreen.

Anyone have any decent solutions? Maybe a VLC extension for chrome....mmmm VLC extension in Chrome, now that's a thought to salivate over.

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

The best solution would be to either use the flashvideoreplacer plugin for Firefox or install minitube 1.4 to watch Youtube. That way you don't need flash at all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by MsKK View Post
    I wonder what "side-effects" are there for this workaround... anyone?
    I have found that videos sometimes pause briefly. Otherwise, none.
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans

I've been experiencing this for a while, but it even crashes with embedded video.

You have to install an older version, but it conflicts with your current install, so in terminal, say:

sudo apt-get remove adobe-flashplugin

Then install the version you can download from here:

http://gt.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/...untu1_i386.deb

Thanks, weirdguille, for the links.
    Works like it used to.

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mfratus2001 View Post
    I've been experiencing this for a while, but it even crashes with embedded video.

You have to install an older version, but it conflicts with your current install, so in terminal, say:

sudo apt-get remove adobe-flashplugin

Then install the version you can download from here:

http://gt.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/...untu1_i386.deb

Thanks, weirdguille, for the links.
    Works like it used to.
    Why would you rather go through the troubles to downgrade flash than to use flash alternatives (with better results even if flash works)? Since Youtube appears to be the only problem it can be easily handled by the alternatives I suggested.

Beans

I have a [Radeon X1200 Series] on my laptop, and started suffering red videos after last update of ubuntu 9.10, I tried the fix suggested on another post and it worked for me. go to http://moodstream.gettyimages.com/ then right click the flash animation and click settings from the pop up menu and look for the enable hardware acceleration and disable it, refresh youtube page and works fine now

Beans

I am also affected with this problem.
    I have noticed that if I am playing a youtube video with the red tint and I click the browser refresh I get the crash error "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed" send crash report. After sending the report and refresing the video will again play WITH the red tint. If I click refresh the flash player will again crash.
    This happens every single time and is repeatable. Every other refresh will crash the flash player.

Has anyone else noticed that it crashes gmail somehow also? Why does gmail use flash?

-------------------

Would those experiencing this problems please post if:
    -It affects Firefox, Chromium or both

= BOTH Google Chrome 9.0.597.107 and Firefox 3.6.14

-The name of the flash package installed (and source if not from repos) - if no package, state manual install (flashplugin.so)

= Unsure

-Your settings in gstreamer-properties (Video > Default Output)

Default Output
    Plugin: Autodetect
    Device: greyed out
    Pipeline: Greyed out

Default Input
    Plugin: Video for Linux 2 (v4|2)
    Device: Default
    Pipeline: Greyed out

-Your video card make/model/PCI ID*/driver*

= Unsure

*PCI ID and driver can be obtained in the output of the following command:

OUTPUT:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc RV370 5B60 [Radeon X300 (PCIE)] [1002:5b60]
    Kernel driver in use: radeon
    Kernel modules: radeonfb, radeon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Arrow Re: After recent update, red youtube videos?

Yeah, and gogle translator too.
    Hope they fix it soon.

Thanks about the Disable Hardware Acceleration thing, it worked, but I think it just treats the symptom.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast