Thread: Uec setup

Beans

Uec setup

Hello guys,
    we are setting up a new private cloud environment using UEC...
    we are checking the links given in the ubuntu forms and other sites in google but they have not giving proper step by step information so can any1 please help me......
    i am new to UEC...

Beans

Beans

Exclamation Re: Uec setup

but according to the pdf we need to have 2 servers..... but we just need 1 server right ? can u give me any link of video or method on how to initialize the connection between the node and the server ( have already installed node and server on diff computers )

Beans

Re: Uec setup

You can use this tutorial. It's very good explained.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC/PackageInstall

Beans

actually wat we are doing right now is ....

we have setup server is one computer and in another computer we have setup a node...
    we tried it in our home using 3 laptops ( 1 server 1 node 1 user ) ... we used our router for this.... over there it worked fine, but when we bought our laptops to college and tried here... the page (i.e ip + 8443 ) its not opening .....we tried with lan and with wifi but the page doesn't open.....

so my question is it necesary to have a internet line for the setup ?

Beans

ok now i am actually done with installing the server and the node.... and connectd them..... now am able to log in with a diff comp ( client ) and create a acc and stuff .... log in and allow access with admin n stuff.........i just downloaded some machine images ... can u guys tell me wat 2 do next ?
    i downloaded the credentials zip file and did all the stuff like changing permission n all those things . nw i saw in a video i just choose " how to run " link and write the secret key it says failed to find key pair pls help me ........
    after this :

can any1 give me examples of wat i can do now ? any stuff which ppl usually do now cause i have no idea wat i have to do ...... THANK YOU

Beans

Hi,
    i suggested you to use this tutorial
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC/PackageInstall

So you have to make "step-7" from the tutorial ( add key pair )

Beans

yea ty man now even when i follow those steps same error comes .... it says fail to 113 no root 2 host when i do this step

2.) You must also allow access to port 22 in your instances: euca-authorize default -P tcp -p 22 -s 0.0.0.0/0

using elastic fox it says xml doc null

wats wrong pls ?