Thread: so, who's accited that amd will be releasing bulldozer within the next 5 days?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

so, who's accited that amd will be releasing bulldozer within the next 5 days?

I just found this article, and then i went ahead and edited the wikipedia page.

from wikipedia:
    Products implementing the Bulldozer core are planned for release in 2011,[1] supposedly during the CeBIT gathering in Germany, which starts May 1st, and goes through May 5th.[2][3][4]
    CeBIT's website

XBitLab's article on it. This is the first one i found, then i did some more googling.

Softpedia's article on it.

This is just in time for my next computer build-- my core2 duo (one of the very first ones) is aging quickly...

So, how long will it be before Newegg caries Bulldozer-based chips?
    Last edited by mr clark25; March 2nd, 2011 at 12:11 AM.
    always learning more every day.
    this is the best tech community i have ever known.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: so, who's accited that amd will be releasing bulldozer within the next 5 days?

So, I you going to get an 8 core or a 6 core cpu? Personally, I'd be more then happy if AMD got back into laptops to pose some competition to Intel.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: so, who's accited that amd will be releasing bulldozer within the next 5 days?

accited? 'excited' perhaps?

Sorry, grammar/spelling nazi mode disabled.

Anyway, yes the chipset does look nice. It'll be interesting to see how it benchmarks in real world applications