Thread: Just Checking In

Beans

Just Checking In

Just checking in as a new user. What are some good photo programs, mp3, cd writing, etc.

Can you have the google toolbar?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Just Checking In

Welcome to the forums and the world of Ubuntu!

If you install Google Chromium (the Linux version of Chrome) you can have the Google tool bar.

If you menu to Applications >> Ubuntu Software Center, you will see a huge repository free programs to use (including Chromium).

You already have a CD/DVD burner installed (Brasero), and an MP3 player installed (Rhythm Box), and you will find more options for these and other programs.

I have found I prefer Banshee as my MP3 player, but Rhythm Box is very good too.

Explore the Ubuntu Software Center - there is a lot to choose from.

p.s. Gimp is a powerful photo editing tool; you can decide if it or a simpler one is the best fit for you...
    Last edited by Hedgehog1; February 28th, 2011 at 04:49 PM.
    Look at all those flashing lights! I'll take one!

The Ubuntu Forums - our little Global Village

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Just Checking In

a word about multimedia: you may need to install codecs that couldn't be shipped with ubuntu due to them being patent encumbered.

see: https://help.ubuntu.com/10.10/musicv...s/C/index.html

also, why do you want google toolbar? the default browser (firefox) has a google search box in the top right, and chromium allows you to search through google from the address bar. there are also add-ons for both browsers to check your gmail etc