Thread: Huawei E153 USSD and SMS?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Huawei E153 USSD and SMS?

Hi, on 10.04.01 LTS on a laptop, I am able to use a Huawei E1550 along with the betavine connection manager (bcm), and it works perfectly. I can send/receive SMS, USSD codes, and, of course, connect to the internet.

Sakis3G, various perl and python scripts, wammu, and gammu all work with the E1550 as well.

Sakis3G will allow the E153 to connect to the internet (I'm using it now, in fact), but none of the other solutions above even recognize the modem.

I have even tried to send a USSD message in minicom, which let me in to unlock the modem via an AT command, but I cannot send a USSD, e.g.,

AT+CUSD=1,"*102#",15

I just get

ERROR

Any suggestions?

Beans

Re: Huawei E153 USSD and SMS?

I'm curious about this as well. My Huawei E153 also only connects to GSM, I can't get Wammu to detect it for SMS and calling. A frontend would be nice to have, to read important connection details such as duration and bandwidth for us prepaid users.

If this is relevant at all, I'm connecting to Philippine's Globe Tattoo network.

Beans

All of the above +1 it would be nice to be able to use the WiFi capabilities of the device too (as one can in Windows).

Beans

And still no answer?
    Guys who asked, did you find the solution? Please, reply, 'cauz I have the same question
    Thanks!

Beans

+1

If anyone can help, I give you one week free at my HomeStay in Thailand!