Thread: Custom mount point for droid phone?

Beans
    Hidden!

Question Custom mount point for droid phone?

When I connect my droid and enable usb storage use, ubuntu automatically mounts the SD card of my phone. Its mount point seems to be "/media/%13". If I wish to browse to that location I have to navigate to "file:///media/%13" in the nautilus bar. Typing in "/media/%13" will bring up a non existent directory error.

I guess my questions is how can I change the mount point in /media/ to something normal like "Droid"? And how can I make it such that when I navigate I don't need the "file://" prefix?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Custom mount point for droid phone?

Quote Originally Posted by LASTGUY2GETPS2 View Post
    When I connect my droid and enable usb storage use, ubuntu automatically mounts the SD card of my phone. Its mount point seems to be "/media/%13". If I wish to browse to that location I have to navigate to "file:///media/%13" in the nautilus bar. Typing in "/media/%13" will bring up a non existent directory error.

I guess my questions is how can I change the mount point in /media/ to something normal like "Droid"? And how can I make it such that when I navigate I don't need the "file://" prefix?
    Label the partition to whatever you want and it will be mounted under that name in /media.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way