Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HOW TO: Make your Ubuntu look amazing!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOW TO: Make your Ubuntu look amazing!

Opened different thread to a less "heavily modded" version.

(less windows looking
    'The storm had now definitely abated, and what thunder there was now grumbled over more distant hills, like a man saying "AND ANOTHER THING!" twenty minutes after admitting he's lost the argument'
    -Douglas Adams

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

What this and other threads demonstrate is that Linux - even Ubuntu Linux - can be anything the user wants it to be.

I love the look of the Unity desktop I've seen in screenshots and stuff. But Unity is too much for my modest, aging hardware. So I use Xubuntu, which runs sweetly and at mind-bending speed, yay! But just for fun (and because I'm silly, always playing with stuff), I made my Xubuntu desktop look like Unity!

A Unity-Inspired Custom Xfce Desktop

-Robin

Beans

Well, I like it. Personally I like the look of Windows (particularly 7).

But .. I'm at work and can't test it out. I know i had a problem when I had Compiz enabled though that would make me have to rehover over menu items because they didn't come up on first attempt (i.e., if you click the ubuntu menu, then hover over accessories, sometimes it wouldn't autoshow, and i'd have to move the mouse, then rehover).

Any indications this gnomenu acts that way? I finally just had to disable compiz because it was so annoying.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I suppgest you try it, but get the background from the new thread there very cool
    'The storm had now definitely abated, and what thunder there was now grumbled over more distant hills, like a man saying "AND ANOTHER THING!" twenty minutes after admitting he's lost the argument'
    -Douglas Adams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123