Thread: When i boot to my ubuntu installed in my usb flash drive it works but not in school

Beans

Exclamation When i boot to my ubuntu installed in my usb flash drive it works but not in school

When i boot to my ubuntu installed in my usb flash drive it works (home computer) but in school it wont? in school i already boot from the usb in bios but it promts the message "boot error".

what should i do.. ? ]
    this technique can be done last month but now it wont...
    Last edited by howefield; February 28th, 2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: remove font formatting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: When i boot to my ubuntu installed in my usb flash drive it works but not in sch

Quote Originally Posted by jaylisto View Post
    When i boot to my ubuntu installed in my usb flash drive it works (home computer) but in school it wont? in school i already boot from the usb in bios but it promts the message "boot error".

what should i do.. ? ]
    this technique can be done last month but now it wont...
    Some computers just won't boot a flash drive without help.
    Have you considered using a boot CD like Plop?
    Last edited by howefield; February 28th, 2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: remove font formatting from quote.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Re: When i boot to my ubuntu installed in my usb flash drive it works but not in sch

Welcome to the forums

As you said that it was working last month and stopped working now, I assume your PC is capable of booting USB drives.

Did you create a start-up USB for Ubuntu using one of the available software? If yes, the problem shouldn't be there.

If you did a complete install of Ubuntu on to your USB drive and you were on your home PC, I suspect you installed Grub to the MBR of your internal HDD which should be on the USB drive for booting the OS.

We can help you further, let us know which of the case applies to you.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: When i boot to my ubuntu installed in my usb flash drive it works but not in sch

this is the whole story i think this can help for all ubuntu master out there to help me.......
    i did,. and i know the steps i did last month is the same as now.
    last month. i boot from my usb in school it works.

(i use that for hacking the admin password its a secret so that all are unblock)that computer is always the one where i sit and work and studdy. yes a hacked admin password... i can do anything in that computer.

then after one month the computer are all updated by our teacher because of maintenance. all computer are shuffled. and i dont know where is that computer hacked admin password is...

then i decided to hack it again by using the usb with ubuntu once again. then the doom comes. it prompts me that stupid message "boot error" in any computer in the schools laboratory..

i conclude that the installment of the ubuntu is corrupted so i decided to use it in my home computer. but what happens is its still working!!!! the day past i tried it again in school but still boot error..
    is there a setting in the bios that can do this?

do our stupid teacher which is the administrator of all computer did this?
    i think that is impossible.. as long as you boot at the usb flash drive it will boot!!! but its not!!! what should i do..
    Last edited by howefield; February 28th, 2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: remove formatting

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Could it be that the maintenance you referred to included stopping the machines boot from usb? The bios setting could have been disabled (maybe because they suspect somebody hacked in ????)
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

this is the whole story i think this can help for all ubuntu master out there to help me.......

(i use that for hacking the admin password its a secret so that all are unblock)that computer is always the one where i sit and work and studdy. yes a hacked admin password... i can do anything in that computer.

then after one month the computer are all updated by our teacher because of maintenance. all computer are shuffled. and i dont know where is that computer hacked admin password is...

then i decided to hack it again by using the usb with ubuntu once again. then the doom comes. it prompts me that stupid message "boot error" in any computer in the schools laboratory..

i conclude that the installment of the ubuntu is corrupted so i decided to use it in my home computer. but what happens is its still working!!!! the day past i tried it again in school but still boot error..

i think that is impossible.. as long as you boot at the usb flash drive it will boot!!! but its not!!! what should i do..

Don't screw with a computer that is someone else's property, bad karma.
    Last edited by howefield; February 28th, 2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: remove font formatting from quote.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

the school caught you, they do not know who is doing it but they know someone is hacking there computers, dont do it again, they are watching
    If at first you don't succeed, try until you bleed

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Nobody here is going to help you fubar computers you don't own; I reported your thread.
    Last edited by howefield; February 28th, 2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: remove font formatting from quote.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Take the issue to your school IT Administrator.

Thread closed.