Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Macbook Pro 8,1 + Maverick

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Macbook Pro 8,1 + Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by poppop View Post
    How do your keyboard/mouse work if the bluetooth is not dectected ?
    I am not totally sure. I am triple-booting OS X, Win7, and Ubuntu. They were paired under OS X and not under the other ones, but work in all.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    Got the wifi to work with ndiswrapper at least, submitting this post with it. I used the attached driver with ndiswrapper and on natty had to modify ndiswrapper itself to compile against the 2.6.38 kernel but you shouldn't have to worry about that in maverick.

Sorry about the double compression but I needed to use 7z to get it small enough to attach and gz to get a file format the forum would allow. file-roller should open it without problems although you may need to install the p7zip package first.
    Hi, I just got a new MacBook pro 8,1 and I installed debian sid on this machine.(Sorry, I'm not using Ubuntu, but I think my experience might be helpful for Ubuntu users.) Now I can use linux kernel 2.6.38, compiled following this webpage http://wiki.debian.org/HowToRebuildA...nKernelPackage Also I'm using the latest ndiswrapper in sid(1.56 r2729). After installing the windows driver, I can use ndiswrapper for my wireless driver. So far, it works well.
    Last edited by hjbp; March 18th, 2011 at 07:05 AM.

Beans

Hey guys, I followed the instructions on the wiki for the wireless internet. The wifi shows up in my network menu but when I select my internet and password(WPA2), it never connects. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Router: Linksys E1000
    Macbook Pro 8,2

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

As of today's update, the trackpad works with the following features
    • two finger scrolling - horizontal and vertical
    • right-click

still no backlight on the keyboard, and the Fn keys for brightness and contrast respond and display that they are working, but don't actually do anything. The other volume and music control keys do work fine.

now scrolling works fine on my trackpad but not the might mouse!

Beans

Yesterday I tried to output a value different of 0 in a file located in /sys/class/backlight/ and it has enabled the keyboard backlight.
    The only problem is there is no light control according to the light detector.

Beans
    Distro

Wink Re: Macbook Pro 8,1 + Maverick

I don't know what is your backlight keys issue but I have installed the packages available in mactel ppa and with all the updates in natty repository and my MacBook Pro 8,2 backlight control keys and almost the fn keys are working properly. Those that aren't working are stop/play/next/prev.

I have another problem that I can't identify when happens, but I think that when my computer suspends and after waking up again the screen has a minimal flickering that after a couple of minutes goes away...

I have not tested the Thunderbold port but seems that for me all is working properly but wireless without using ndiswrapper and the ATI privative drivers.

Great job guys!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by poppop View Post
    Yesterday I tried to output a value different of 0 in a file located in /sys/class/backlight/ and it has enabled the keyboard backlight.
    The only problem is there is no light control according to the light detector.
    More info please

Beans

Exact command to enable keyboard light :
    echo 50 | sudo tee -a /sys/class/leds/smc::kbd_backlight/brightness

Beans

@mario

output of your request in att (13inch 8,1)

grtz
    Thijs
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by thijz View Post
    @mario

output of your request in att (13inch 8,1)

grtz
    Thijs
    Whats this for?
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Or visit my blog (No Ads)

Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast