Thread: Edit existing nautilus right-click menu with nautilus actions

Beans

Edit existing nautilus right-click menu with nautilus actions

Hello

I searched the web for quite a while but couldnt find any answer to my "problem".

I installed nautilus-actions in order to edit the right-click menu when I click on pictures. All tutorials I read deal with adding custom entries to the right-click menu.

But what I want to do, is to edit the present nautilus right click menu. In particular, I have installed nautilus-batch-rename, which comes in english. I want to translate the right-click entry "Rename files..." to German, since my system language is German, too. I already managed to translate the batch-rename pop-up program entries after clicking "rename files..." by editing nautilus-batch-rename.glade but I would love to translate "rename files..." as well. Any idea? Can this be done with nautilus actions at all or do I need to go another way?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Edit existing nautilus right-click menu with nautilus actions

Anybody?

I tried with gconfig-editor but I couldnt find any entry of the context menu. In windows I would simply go to the registry editor and find all entries for the context menu of Windows Explorer to change them. Is there a way to edit the present nautilus right-click context menu under ubuntu? Maybe its stored in some file, but I dont know where...

Thanks again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Edit existing nautilus right-click menu with nautilus actions

Try this one: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1193093

It works for me.