Thread: LiveUSB Shutdown/LogOut

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

LiveUSB Shutdown/LogOut

I am running Ubuntu 10.10 LiveUSB. When I click on the Shutdown Button at the top right of the screen I get several options. When I choose Shutdown the desktop goes to a Ubuntu splash screen and never shuts down. I eventually have to just force it off by holding down the power button.

I have also tried to Log Out and get a dialog box asking for Username and then a password dialog box. I have tried several combinations but nothing seems to work. Is it asking for Win7 usr & pswrd or Ubuntu usr & pswrd?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: LiveUSB Shutdown/LogOut

Quote Originally Posted by mdclow View Post
    I am running Ubuntu 10.10 LiveUSB. When I click on the Shutdown Button at the top right of the screen I get several options. When I choose Shutdown the desktop goes to a Ubuntu splash screen and never shuts down. I eventually have to just force it off by holding down the power button.

I have also tried to Log Out and get a dialog box asking for Username and then a password dialog box. I have tried several combinations but nothing seems to work. Is it asking for Win7 usr & pswrd or Ubuntu usr & pswrd?
    You can do a couple of things, right click on the panel and add to panel and add the other shutdown button. There is also a shutdown in the menu.

There is a softshut down and reboot option.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reisub

You can open a terminal and run reboot, or
    shutdown -h now (for shutdown and power off)
    shutdown -r now (for shutdown and restart then)

It may be that the iso or the thumb load is corrupted as well.
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM