Thread: What you think ????

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

What you think ????

Last edited by cariboo; November 20th, 2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Removed unneeded font formatting to comply with the forum code of conduct

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Re: What you think ????

Just to check, you're asking about our views on oneiric?, Well I notice you're running natty - so it's a step up on that -nat a massive one from a general user's perspective; still gnome three with unity, but canonical have done a great job with unity's second desktop outing. To be honest if you're used to natty you may not notice much difference visually, but it will feel a lot smoother - it's just a cleaner, less buggy update - don't think all new bells and whistles - they'll be appearing on the next release as it's an LTS in April - and will be supported for 5 years (though I think it's just security patches and providing the repo's after two)

If you didn't like natty you can always check out lucid - that'll still be supported for another year, but personally if you're happy with natty, and have no problems with it/resolved any issues you did have, i'd recommend just waiting for the lts in april - there's not a massive difference between the two as i say and there's always the possibility of bugs when you upgrade.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Moved to recurring, as there are numerous threads on the subject.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

It is a decent release, but I still don't care for Unity. Xubuntu 11.10 is very good though.
    Do you folks like coffee?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Moved to recurring, as there are numerous threads on the subject.
    You mean the numerous threads which were all merged to one which is closed now?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Bazon View Post
    You mean the numerous threads which were all merged to one which is closed now?
    I'm sorry you can't get your mega thread fix any more , but there is more to the forum, than the Cafe, try T&E