Page 208 of 569 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 5681

Thread: Unity MEGA Thread

Beans

Re: Unity MEGA Thread

I'll throw in my .02. I tried the beta2 tonight of natty and after install the computer gives me a message that my hardware wasn't good enough to run unity with. Now, for the record, I am not a unity fan, but I thought I would try it and maybe I could change my opinion. I find the message funny because I have an i5-760 with a 1 month old Geforce 450GTS. It is by no means a kick-butt graphics card, but you'd think Unity would would work with it. O well.
    "- Courage! It couldn't come at a worse time." | Favorite Hockey Player: #8 Cam Neely! |
    Read my Poetry at
    www.poemscribe.com |

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by robert shearer View Post
    judging by the recent suggestion by the admins here to remove archived posts from public view it may be have been.
    Come again? I don't follow.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Correctamundo!

Here's an example. I opened six instances of Nautilus, on three desktops, in about ten seconds -- using the middle-button.

(Click to expand)

Um what about those that don't have middle mouse buttons? I'm on a laptop with a left and right click button, middle click for me means I have to click both left and right together. Annoying. I don't like relying on middle clicks for simple OS tasks like opening a new instance. I hope there is a way to customize this.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Unity, why bother?

Code:
    sudo apt-get install blackbox

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Rashedul View Post
    Um what about those that don't have middle mouse buttons? I'm on a laptop with a left and right click button[...]
    I dunno!

I own a laptop and a netbook -- and I can't stand the touchpad on either one.

I use a wireless usb mouse...
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

Garthhh, the admins made me take my avatar down because it said 'free julian'

I don't really want to edit config files every time I want to bookmark an ssh folder. That would slow my production times down. In work I'm often under pressure to get things done quickly and don't want to be messing around with config files just to make a shortcut.

With gnome2 I simply click 'add to bookmarks' and it automatically goes into the places menu on the panel as well as the nautilus sidebar.

Unity doesn't leave me alot of real estate for custom shortcuts and makes creating them alot more difficult. I'm the programmer for the company I work for and I need to be able to access things quickly. That's why shortcuts are so important to me.
    Last edited by Johnsie; April 15th, 2011 at 10:15 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsie View Post
    Garthhh, the admins made me take my avatar down because it said 'free julian'

I don't really want to edit config files every time I want to bookmark an ssh folder. That would slow my production times down. In work I'm often under pressure to get things done quickly and don't want to be messing around with config files just to make a shortcut.

With gnome2 I simply click 'add to bookmarks' and it automatically goes into the places menu on the menu as well as the nautilus sidebar.

Unity doesn't leave me alot of real estate for custom shortcuts and makes creating them alot more difficult.
    What's all this about editing config files just to add a bookmark for an ssh folder? I navigate to where I want to bookmark in nautilus and hit ctrl-D and lo and behold the bookmark is created in the places sidepane and shows up in unity under 'Files and Folders' as well.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by rcayea View Post
    I'll throw in my .02. I tried the beta2 tonight of natty and after install the computer gives me a message that my hardware wasn't good enough to run unity with. Now, for the record, I am not a unity fan, but I thought I would try it and maybe I could change my opinion. I find the message funny because I have an i5-760 with a 1 month old Geforce 450GTS. It is by no means a kick-butt graphics card, but you'd think Unity would would work with it. O well.
    That happened to me too. Then, I restarted and only had a background and a mouse pointer. After a few more restarts, it "worked". You have to be tenacious.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CraigPaleo View Post
    That happened to me too. Then, I restarted and only had a background and a mouse pointer. After a few more restarts, it "worked". You have to be tenacious.
    OK, then. I'll reboot non-stop until it works.
    "- Courage! It couldn't come at a worse time." | Favorite Hockey Player: #8 Cam Neely! |
    Read my Poetry at
    www.poemscribe.com |

Beans

Hi guys,

Has someone found already how to change the hotkeys in the launcher ? I would like to reassign some keys. Instead of FN+[6-9] to set something else

Page 208 of 569 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast