View Poll Results: Which is better, Microsoft Zune or Apple iPod?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zune

18 43.90%
  • iPod

25 60.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zune vs iPod

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Zune vs iPod

Which is better, Zune or iPod, i vote for zune. I used to use iPod and my first ipod, a nano, wouldnt work at all when i got it...so i returned it, payed an extra 50 or so bucks and got an ipod video and it worked for maybe two yrs then died randomly. Then i got a zune 120gb and ive now had it for 4yrs! I love the zune!
    Also on a sidenote will the zune software ever be allowed in ubuntu...from what ive read its a no...but the stuff im reading is a few yrs old, did anything change? I have another post on this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1681109

Thanks very much and plz vote on the poll.

Beans

Re: Zune vs iPod

The Sansa Fuze, obviously

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by JDShu View Post
    lol why? If you dont mind me asking.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cblnchat View Post
    lol why? If you dont mind me asking.
    Much cheaper, works well, slick design, and works perfectly on Linux mostly. The ability to use micro sd cards to increase the memory is nice too. Also, I was just doing the natural thing and choosing the nonexistent third option

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I use my Android phone. Used to have a sansa fuze and an iPod classic. Used the classic maybe 5 times? Then sold it for the sansa, loved the sansa, especially + rockbox, that thing was an awesome player. Pity you can't buy them here, had to get it shipped from over seas. Sold it to my younger brother.

Never owned a Zune (as you can't buy them here) so didn't vote.

Beans

Talking Re: Zune vs iPod

Love the Sansa. Never used an iPod Touch and never have any intention of doing so, seeing that Apple's Customer Service in India sucks. But I have used a 3G Nano. I still have it and it's lying useless in my room somewhere. I mostly use my S60 device nowadays and my Linux PC to listen to songs.
    Last edited by amoghharish871; February 24th, 2011 at 12:37 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JDShu View Post
    I am in agreement. Best sound quality there is.

This is assuming you just want to listen to music. The Fuze is a music player, with no apps whatsoever.

Beans

iPod, not even close. I dislike Apple, just as much if not more than MS, but the iPod is a superior product. I'm talking about the Touch specifically here, by the way (that's what I have), I think the other iPods like the Nano are a waste since you could get a Sansa or something that IMO is better and is half the cost. It has thousands of apps, Wifi, internet, and all that good stuff, and it unoficially works on Linux too (unlike the Zune which simply doesn't work at all).
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob60 View Post
    iPod, not even close. I dislike Apple, just as much if not more than MS, but the iPod is a superior product. I'm talking about the Touch specifically here, by the way (that's what I have), I think the other iPods like the Nano are a waste since you could get a Sansa or something that IMO is better and is half the cost. It has thousands of apps, Wifi, internet, and all that good stuff, and it unoficially works on Linux too (unlike the Zune which simply doesn't work at all).

I also had a Touch. But mine was the first generation..and basically broke after a year. And the battery dies SO fast. I actually gave it away when i got my zune. Ive also had horrible Customer Service from apple. And may have all that but they die soo fast and just dont seem to be worth it anymore for me. Btw i had NO idea that the ipod could work on linux at all! Thats one upside to them lol. But ive had a FAR better experience with zune. The Customer Service was, and is really great. And i just love the look and feel of them. The touch is what made me officially hate apple and ipods. How do you get that the zune doesnt work at all btw?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cblnchat View Post
    How do you get that the zune doesnt work at all btw?
    I meant it doesn't work at all under Linux I have a 2nd gen Touch, and have had it a little over a year, and with it jailbroken and not paying for any apps, it's great No big issues with it. Sure, it can be annoying at times whenever I run into its limitations and have to use iTunes or something, but in general it's good. I'd rather have something with Android though, of course.
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast