View Poll Results: Which is better, Microsoft Zune or Apple iPod?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zune

18 43.90%
  • iPod

25 60.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zune vs iPod

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Zune vs iPod

Another vote for: Neither!

I currently have a Sansa Fuze. Had it for about a year and half now, still works and looks new. I love it, it's awesome and yet costs half the price (or less) of an iPod.

Samsung makes some great audio players, I've used several of those. Especially if you demand exceptional sound quality.

The iPod is over-rated. I have seen so many of these break, especially the newer iterations of the last several years.

Don't know much about the Zune, except Microsoft sells it.. and if another company's product is comparable, I'd rather buy that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I use my Blackberry 9780 for music/video. If I ever decide that the 32 GB in my phone isn't enough I would definitely buy a Sansa or Cowon. Both are great music players and have a even better price.

PS. Don't get a Blackberry. The only reason I have one is because my plan forced me to get one. The OS is slick an all but the Apps aren't there like Android. It works well, really well, you just can't do much with it. It sits in my pocket and is basically a regular phone because I can't find anything to install on it. No sense in having it called a "smart phone"
    UA Team Member
    "When our actions do not, our fears do make us traitors." -- Shakespeare
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss
    "No man has ever seen his dreams fulfilled and regretted the sacrifice necessary to fulfill them" -- Mattie Montgomery

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

iPod hands down...
    someone should make a iUbuntu lol

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Sorry for the extreme lateness of looking back at this thread. But i just have one question for ppl that support ipod. Minus the apps for the iTouch and iPhone, whats good about iPods? Ive had such major problems with iPod i would say nothing.

But i do have to admit in the end that the apps can be fun

Beans

love my zune, but just got ubuntu 11.04 and cant get it to work. any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have zune, I like it better than ipod, but it doesn't work worth a **** in linux which is really annoying. Apple isn't exactly linux-friendly either but at least it is possible to use a good number of ipod models in linux.
    Desktop: Windows 8 x64 | Intel Core i5-2500 | 16 GB DDR3 1333 | ATI 6950 2gb | 64gb Vertex 2/320gb/750gb/1tb hdd
    Laptop: System76 Lemur Ultra | Xubuntu 13.04 x64 | 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5-3210m | 8GB DDR31600 | Intel HD4000 | 500GB 7200rpm hybrid hdd

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

It's funny that there are only 2 choices in this poll and it's multiple choice.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob60 View Post
    iPod, not even close. I dislike Apple, just as much if not more than MS, but the iPod is a superior product.
    I agree. Although I dislike apple in general, $40 for a mint condition ipod touch was too good to resist. But when it dies, that will be the end of apple products for me.

But like you said, at least it works in linux, which is more than I can say about zune. Oh the horror!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by cblnchat View Post
    But i just have one question for ppl that support ipod. Minus the apps for the iTouch and iPhone, whats good about iPods? Ive had such major problems with iPod i would say nothing.

But i do have to admit in the end that the apps can be fun
    You did buy a first generation ipod, right? That's your answer. I never buy 1st gen. anything. I've heard good things about later generation players. Plus, I have a 2nd gen. iTouch and have had not one problem with it.

What do I like about it? It's like having a mini computer at all times with me. Wifi, safari web browsing, youtube, videos, music, espn sportscenter, note taking, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm just thankful it works in linux. And the touchscreen response is without peer.
    Last edited by wolfen69; June 17th, 2011 at 01:26 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JDShu View Post
    The Sansa Fuze, obviously
    I am in agreement. Best sound quality there is.

This is assuming you just want to listen to music. The Fuze is a music player, with no apps whatsoever.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234