Thread: Brother HL-3045CN Printing Alignment

Beans

Angry Brother HL-3045CN Printing Alignment

I have a Brother HL-3045CN printer which is installed on my machine (Ubuntu 12.10) over the network. I can print but all the pages are off in the margin (too much to in the left and bottom) and maybe out of scale (can't tell). I got the driver from Brother's site and have tried reinstalling. I tried to check the 'Scale to Fit' option and have also toyed with /etc/cups/ppd/HL3045CN.ppd file (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r1/+bug/242203). There is another printer in my network which is able to print perfectly (HP 6500 e710n-z) so I'm really stuck right now . I'm new to Ubuntu and linux as a whole and I really need help to get this printer working correctly. Thank you.

Beans

Smile Re: Brother HL-3045CN Printing Alignment

So I [kinda] fixed it. I played around with the imageable area setting in the ppd and restarted cups with scale page to fit. Now all the printed stuff is viewable. The margins are a little bit too big and the bottom one is slightly larger than the rest, but that's not a big problem. I only problem though, is that the page is out of scale when printed (a little too small). Well at least I can print now .