Thread: Uploads in Nicotine+ occur far less that Soulseek uploads under Windows. Why?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question Uploads in Nicotine+ occur far less that Soulseek uploads under Windows. Why?

Hi there,

Maybe someone can provide some feedback on something I noticed:

When using the Soulseek-client Nicotine+ (Nicotine-Plus 1.2.14+dfsg-1ubuntu1 (nicotine) from repos) other people hardly ever download from me, while when I'm using the original Soulseek under Windows a lot of people download from me...
    I share the same collection.
    I assume that Nicotine+ is using the same network, thus having the same users, so the above surprises me.

Does anyone have an idea why this happens?

greets

Beans

Re: Uploads in Nicotine+ occur far less that Soulseek uploads under Windows. Why?

Last I heard, that was because of this-

as I said, by the SLSK admins we're not allowed to participate in the global search results. This means you do not show up in other people's search results. You will show up in room and nick search, searching for stuff yourself works as well
    http://www.nicotine-plus.org/ticket/269

I know, it was fixed for 1.2.10 but I *think* that the admins changed a few things with newer versions slsk NS and it doesnt work.....again. I could be wrong, try asking in the nicotine room, someone should know something more current.