Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird flash problem - videos somehow stay in background

Beans

Re: Weird flash problem - videos somehow stay in background

I got rid of the old flash image by restarting gdm.

Beans

Now that it's more than a year since this thread was started, I'm wondering if someone found a solution other than to disable hardware acceleration or use an old version of flash. Apparently, Adobe has yet to get rid of that bug - I just did an update from the last working version I could get (11.1.102.62) to the latest version (11.2.202.233), and viola - the problem is there again.

Edit: Using Flash-Aid for Firefox and installing any of the version offered there didn't help as well. I'm afraid I'll forever be stuck with version 11.1.102.62.
    Last edited by nv22nv; May 1st, 2012 at 02:45 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by arrjj View Post
    Disable hardware acceleration for flash (any flash object right-click-settings, it "fix" background problem) and wait for update of flash player.
    Thanks, searched a solution for days ! (Kubuntu 11.10 64 bits, Nvidia GeForce 8500GT driver 280.13)

Mayeulk

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nv22nv View Post
    Now that it's more than a year since this thread was started, I'm wondering if someone found a solution other than to disable hardware acceleration or use an old version of flash. Apparently, Adobe has yet to get rid of that bug - I just did an update from the last working version I could get (11.1.102.62) to the latest version (11.2.202.233), and viola - the problem is there again.

Edit: Using Flash-Aid for Firefox and installing any of the version offered there didn't help as well. I'm afraid I'll forever be stuck with version 11.1.102.62.
    I have the same issue with 11.2 r202. Without HW acceleration, 1080p wont play fullscreen smoothly.

Can I get a copy of your older version? I have a 10.3 something here, but thats too old, has artifacts with some audio codecs ((

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mathx5 View Post
    I have the same issue with 11.2 r202. Without HW acceleration, 1080p wont play fullscreen smoothly.

Can I get a copy of your older version? I have a 10.3 something here, but thats too old, has artifacts with some audio codecs ((
    Oh there are archives at Adobe. 11.1r102.63 already plays vimeo when 11.2r202 did not.

Also no more ghosting as we're all discussing. But youtube rewind or ffwd on videos is a bit wonky, sometimes doesnt start playing again

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...-versions.html

the older versions are large zips of all files for all platforms. just dip into the zip to find your own desired version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12