Thread: AGP Card driver help.

Beans

Question AGP Card driver help.

I have just installed lucid 10.04 and am trying to get graphics through AGP card(nvidiaFX5500) which monitor is connected to.
    I do have a nvidia driver installed but there is problem with configuration resulting in start up and shut down warnings as well as errors. I can use my monitor but in low graphics setting only.

As a newbie I am struggling to resolve this myself and any step by step advice would be HUGELY appreciated.

Beans

Re: AGP Card driver help.

How did you install the driver?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Geezanansa View Post
    I have just installed lucid 10.04 and am trying to get graphics through AGP card(nvidiaFX5500) which monitor is connected to.
    I do have a nvidia driver installed but there is problem with configuration resulting in start up and shut down warnings as well as errors. I can use my monitor but in low graphics setting only.

As a newbie I am struggling to resolve this myself and any step by step advice would be HUGELY appreciated.
    I could be wrong, but I think NVidia no longer supports that card.

How did you install the NVidia drivers? Was it through System > Administration > Hardware Drivers?
    This is a signature. It is original.

Beans

I am afraid to admit that i cannot remember how the driver that is installed (but not being used) was installed either Synaptic or Hardware drivers.
    nVidia do still support this card and even provide a linux version a copy of which I have now obtained( driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.28-pkg1.run.). I would now like to install this "properly"
    I am unsure as how to run diagnostics to determine what is what and what to do.
    I have had to install cups and other files to get lexmark printer operational and as a newbie not done a tidy job . (Printer works fine!)
    Just trying to give more info.

Thanks for quick response.
    Last edited by Geezanansa; February 18th, 2011 at 12:08 AM.

Beans

Question Re: AGP Card driver help.

yep sydbat you are wrong.

Any help info appreciated.

useless and inaccurate info/questions not

horses do make a lot of manure
    Last edited by Geezanansa; February 19th, 2011 at 06:04 PM.