Thread: Compaq Presario F700 extremely slow boot after 10.10 install [5 minutes bootup]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Compaq Presario F700 extremely slow boot after 10.10 install [5 minutes bootup]

I made a clean install of Ubunto 10.10 on my Compaq Presarion F700, nVida graphics, AMD Turion 64x2.

Installation was fine.

When I boot, it takes a lot of time, 5 minutes or more. Also, after the system loads I get those applet errors I've attached. Sometimes I get all the applet errors and sometimes it get few of them.

I tried several configs of "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT" but still no luck.

Please help me - thanks very much

WPlancer.Com - PHP & WordPress Developer
    ProverbHunter - English Proverbs Explained

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Compaq Presario F700 extremely slow boot after 10.10 install [5 minutes bootup]

Does this describe your problem?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...et/+bug/537383

If so, then it would be good if you reopen the bug report (as 'confirmed') and add any relevant information you have.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Compaq Presario F700 extremely slow boot after 10.10 install [5 minutes bootup]

No, that does not describe my problem. Acutualy, my problem is really slow boot. This kind of booting makes the icons crash. I know for sure the problem lies with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT settings on /etc/default/grub. I tried many options and I left it empty at least. It works fine now. No incons crash and the boot is much more faster, even though not the speed Ubunto boot normally has.

So, GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT settings is my issue and I don't know the right ones, expced that empty works better than any other combination.
    WPlancer.Com - PHP & WordPress Developer
    ProverbHunter - English Proverbs Explained